SEVENTEEN ☆ THIS IS ME

"Ladies and gentlemen, a toast," Brendon declared, "Dallon, America may not know it, but they are going to love you. To Mr. Weekes!"

Spencer stood there, still on front of the door. He turned around to see his friends, who all felt the same way. They all felt neglected, pushed away, and betrayed. A tear trickled down Spencer's cheek, showing his sadness. He quickly looked away from his friends to hide his teary face. Spencer tried very hard to hide his cries, his tears. He didn't feel like making an absolute scene, and he didn't want anyone outside the door to hear him. Jon patted his friend's back for comfort, which Spencer appreciated.

"You're not alone, Spence," Jon sighed, "I honestly don't understand why he would push us away, after all that we've been through."

"Things shouldn't be this way," Spencer replied, "Why do we have to deal with this? Why do we have to be treated as something less than everybody else? Why do we have to be shunned into the darkness?"

I am not a stranger to the dark.
"Hide away", they say.
"'Cause we don't want your broken parts".

"I don't know, Spencer," Mike replied, "Sometimes, people like to hate what they don't understand,"

"Well, I don't care anymore. I won't let them take me down,"

Spencer turned around, and he looked back at his friends. They all looked at him with their solemn faces. It seemed to Spencer that they all agreed with him, but they were too afraid to fight. They were probably afraid that they would get beaten down into the dust. They were afraid that they would be shunned out again. Spencer walked through the crowd of his friends.

"You guys are worth more than what they say you are," Spencer started, "They all say that we're freaks. They say we're worthless. Well, I can't stand that anymore! We can't stand that anymore! We all joined the circus for a reason, to get out and show the whole world who we are. Even though Brendon is ashamed of us, we shouldn't have to be. We need to get out there and tell everyone that we are not ashamed for who we are, for who we are meant to be."

When the sharpest words wanna cut me down.
I'm gonna send a flood,
Gonna drown them out.

Everyone stayed silent, agreeing with Spencer. They all felt that they were tired of being pushed away constantly, and they all wanted to stand up for themselves.

"He's right," Jon said, "We have to take a stand."

Spencer looked at his friend, and a smile grew on his face. Spencer turned to everybody else, and he told them to follow him. All of the circus performers walked with fury and pride to the other door that was open. The fire within all of them burned, and they were all overwhelmed with the feeling of anxiety and relief.

I'm not scared to be seen,
I make no apologies.
This is me.

All of the performers entered the grand room, full of people in their sophisticated outfits, drinking their champagne. Once when Spencer and his friends entered the room, all they got was stares from the people around them. The stares were judgmental, fearful, and confused. They all wondered why are all of the "circus freaks" suddenly joining the party. Spencer looked around him, and he started to have that same panicky feeling he usually had whenever a crowd stared at him. He started to breathe a little heavy. His legs started to shake. His heart started to pound. Jon looked up at Spencer and noticed that his friend was probably in the midst of having a little panic attack. To comfort his friend, Jon held Spencer's hand.

Another round of bullets hits my skin.
Well, fire away.
'Cause today, I won't let the shame sink in.

"It's okay, Spence," Jon whispered, "Let's show everyone that we're proud."

Spencer nodded, and he led all of his friends through the whole room, heading outside. Everyone stood tall and walked so proudly, which made everyone else in the room still stare and watch the performers' every move. Spencer and his friends started to dance as they finally reached outside, where they were all greeted by the cold breeze and the many yells of the protesters holding torches and hate posters. All of the protesters kept on yelling at the circus, telling them to go home or hide away. However, that didn't stop the performers at all. Spencer continued to dance around proudly, along with his friends. They sound of their heels kicking against the ground, the sound of them cheering, and echoed around and overcame the disturbing sounds of all of the protesters yelling.

I won't let them break me down to dust.
I know that there's a place for us.
For we are GLORIOUS!

☆☆☆

Back at the circus, all of the performers were doing what they do best, which was putting on a show. Everyone did all of their fantastic acts, dancing, and singing. Spencer was dancing and spinning around, and all of his friends circled around him and started to dance too.

Meanwhile, Ryan was watching from the window above, looking at the performers. He noticed that Nicole was within the circle stage, in her shimmering purple suit and pink wig. She was dancing around, stomping her feet, and did a couple of flips around the stage. As she was performing, Nicole looked up and noticed that Ryan was looking at her. The two both made eye contact and smirked at each other. Nicole continued to use her fierce energy to perform.

And I know that I deserve your love.
There's nothing I'm not worthy of.

The show continued, and everyone continued their wild stunts. Spencer put a little rhythm in his steps, Nicole swung around in her hoops and ropes with Mike, and Jon was on his horse, galloping around the stage. The crowd cheered and cheered, until all of the performers finally finished their show. All of the spotlights froze and focused on the circus performers, and all of the audience members stood up from their seats and clapped. The children were all cheering and throwing compliments at the performers on the stage. Spencer looked around him, and he looked around with pride and confidence. His heart skipped a couple of beats. His legs were shaking. And his breathing was a little heavy because of the amount of happiness he was feeling for not being ashamed of who he was.

A/N: Hey, guys!! And here is another chapter of this book (finally). I can't believe that I have a couple of chapters left of this book. Just wow! It's quite mind-blowing, at least to me. So thank you guys for the support of this book. It really means a lot.

Anyways, onto the questions!! Thoughts on Spencer in this chapter?! Comment it down below!! Are you guys on your summer break? If so, how has it been so far? Comment it down below!! For me, my summer has been pretty good. Sure, there were some days where I didn't feel like my usual self, but this summer so far has been WAY better than my last summer. 'Cause, my summer was a big yikes.

If you liked it, give this chapter a vote and comment down your thoughts. Anyways, thanks for reading, and I'll see you guys later. Bye!!