TWENTY ☆ TIGHTROPE

"First it was buying a house on the same street as my parents," Sarah started. Brendon was busy rushing around his room, picking a couple of things to put in his briefcase. Brendon was finally going to tour with Dallon, which something he was very excited about. Sarah, on the other hand, wasn't as excited as her husband was. She was a little concerned with Brendon's obsession with doing so much with his fame, or even trying to paint himself as anything less than a fraud. "Then meeting the queen, then bringing Dallon Weekes, and my father the other night. When will it ever be enough for you?"

Brendon put one more thing in his briefcase, and he looked at his wife with his classic smile. Meanwhile, Sarah just looked at him with concern.

"I am doing this for Caroline and Helen," Brendon answered, as he continued to pack the last couple of things.

"Look around you. They have everything," Sarah said.

"You don't understand," Brendon sighed.

"I do,"

Brendon started to feel a little more infuriated with Sarah pestering him with her concerns. He felt that she just didn't understand his motivations like before. What happened? He did all of this for her. Why can't Sarah just see that?

"No. You don't understand!" Brendon stated, feeling a little annoyed. Sarah crossed her arms, and she gave her husband the glare of disapproval, along with signs that she was also a little annoyed. "How could you? My father was treated like dirt. I was treated like dirt. My children will not be."

"You don't need everyone to love you, Brendon," Sarah sighed. Brendon picked up his briefcase, and he started to head out to the door. He thanked the butlers for opening the doors for him as he headed out.

"I know that,"

The showman left the house, and he saw that there was a black carriage sitting up front his house. He looked through the window of the carriage, and he noticed that Dallon was in there, waiting for him. Brendon took a deep breath and walked down the front stairs of the house and headed inside the carriage. As he was doing so, both Helen and Caroline were running, trying to prevent their father from leaving.

"No, Daddy!" Caroline called out, "Daddy!"

"Daddy, don't go!" Helen yelled.

Brendon got in the carriage, and the horses started to move. Both Caroline and Helen wanted to catch up with the carriage, however, it was too late. The two girls just stood outside, feeling a little out of breath, as they watched their father disappear into the distance. However, they continued to chase after the carriage, in hopes that they will stop Brendon from leaving.

Sarah watched from the outer balcony, thinking about how upsetting it was to see Brendon go so quickly. He didn't even say a single goodbye to her nor his daughters. It was so unusual, since he would always say goodbye to his loved ones before he leaves the house. What happened? Did his own work mean much more than the love of his life? Sarah just couldn't wrap her mind around it at all.

Some people long for a life that is simple and planned.
Tied with a ribbon.
Some people won't sail the sea 'cause they're safer on land.

"Goodbye, my love," Sarah said, "I hope you come back."

A couple of days later, it was a little hard for the Urie family to adjust without Brendon home. Caroline was performing another one of her ballet shows, and Helen and Sarah were in their seats watching her dance around the stage. The ballerina hopped, skipped, jumped, and twirled across the stage, hoping that it will distract her mind from her father. Caroline missed her father deeply. She missed watching him clap and cheer her on as she danced on stage. Once when she finished her last move, the show was over. Everyone in the audience stood up and cheered for the ballerinas on stage. Both Helen and Sarah clapped their hands and shared their genuine smiles to Caroline. However, Sarah's smile faded away because she noticed that something was a little off about Caroline's expression. The woman noticed that her daughter was forcing a smile out and holding back her tears. Sarah realized that Caroline was trying to not break down over Brendon's absence, which made her sad as well.