TWENTY-TWO ☆ A TERRIBLE DISASTER

"Thank you very much for coming," Ryan said, "Say to your fancy neighbors, 'what a beautiful show'!"

Another show ended, and Ryan was standing outside of the arena, waving goodbye to the people who were heading home from the show. It was a gesture that he thought that he would do, in hopes that it would make people want to come to the shows. Ryan continued to wave his hands goodbye, even though most of the groups of people wouldn't say goodbye back.

"Tell everyone how much you had at the circus!" Ryan continued, "New acts every night!"

"Hey, ringmaster!" said one of the protesters.

Ryan turned around, and he noticed that a group of protesters were sitting in the seats in front of him, with malicious smiles and glares. One of the protesters walked up to Ryan, which made the businessman feel a little anxious.

"Gentlemen, I am gonna have to ask you to leave," Ryan started.

"This is our town, Son," the protester replied. He pressed his finger against Ryan's red coat, and the other protesters stood up from their seats and walked over to Ryan. The businessman gulped a little bit, and Mike stood right beside his friend, which made things a little easier for Ryan. "We think you, your freaks, and your spooks should leave."

"Sir. I will only ask once more,"

"Then what, boy?"

Suddenly, Mike punched the protester, and the man landed on the ground. The other protesters then charged towards Mike and Ryan and threw their own punches. Ryan fell to the ground, feeling a little dizzy from the hard punches. Everything started to blur, and Ryan felt his face sting with pain. Some protesters roughly grabbed him by his arms, and they were beating him up. Ryan could almost feel the bruises form, and he started to feel a little numb. Mike was also getting beat roughly, but he thankfully was able to defend himself by kicking the protesters who were attacking him.

"CHARGE!!" Spencer yelled.

Spencer, Jon, and the other performers were running towards the protesters to stop them from beating Mike and Ryan up. Everyone continued to fight each other. Jon charged with his horse, Spencer threw a couple of punches at the protesters, and the others were able to use their skills to their advantage. Ryan was laying on the ground with bruises on his face, and he was still getting kicked around. Before another protester could punch him again, Mike was fast enough to knock the attacker down.

"Need some help, Ryan?" Mike asked. He reached her hand out, and Ryan grabbed it. He was finally able to stand up straight, and he thanked his friend for saving him.

"Thanks, Mike," Ryan said.

Mike nodded and smiled as a reply. Meanwhile, everyone started to panic and run away from the arena, and Ryan and Mike started to get a little confused. The sounds of everyone yelling and screaming echoed through the whole building, along with the feeling of smoke and intense heat.

"What's going on?" Ryan asked.

"FIRE!! THE CIRCUS IS ON FIRE!!" Jon yelled, as he rode off to the emergency backdoor. Ryan turned around, and he saw the large flame growing before him, burning almost everything in sight. Seeing the large fire spread around the room caused Ryan to panic.

"We have to get out of here," Mike said.

"Yeah, no kidding!" Ryan replied.

Both Mike and Ryan ran out of the circus, in hopes that they wouldn't get harmed. As he was running, Ryan thought about how Brendon would've reacted to the circus falling apart. How would he react to all of his hopes and dreams crumbling down? How would he even react to his friends almost dying due to a protest gone too far? Where was Brendon when his friend needed him most?