•Prologue

"I'm sorry, Jungkook

"I'm sorry, Jungkook." The doctor sighs and turns to the twenty year old boy and his parents. Both him and his parents stare at the aging man wearing glasses and a white lab coat in confusion. They were called into the hospital a few hours ago with no idea why.

When his mother asked about it the nurses and doctors simply told her that they messed up on her son's medical record and need to redo it. But it didn't answer why all three of them had to be here.

"Sorry for what?" Jungkook asks with a raised brow.

"Are you sorry for making us wait here for many hours?" His father cuts in clearly annoyed for sitting in this doctor's office for a hours. Jungkook sends him a glare but silently agrees with his father. The doctor, Dr. Chen, looks at the family before him with pity in his eyes.

"Jungkook, the reason we called you and your parents in today was because something popped up in your yearly checkup. We needed to make sure that what we saw was real and true so we made you do all those examinations and scans today." He explains.

"Please, get to the point. What's wrong with my son?" Jungkook's mother asks with fear in her eyes even though her voice was steady as a rock. Dr. Chen looks at her, then at her husband, then at Jungkook who had a dreadful feeling about this but stayed silent.

"Jungkook, he . . .he is diagnosed with lung cancer." He finally says in a soft tone.

Jungkook's face was blank as he stared at the aging man processing what he just said. His mother suddenly lets out a heartbreaking sob while his father tries to calm her down and who was also shouting at Dr. Chen that he was wrong and needs to get his act together.

But Jungkook couldn't hear them, all the noise around him was drowned out as if he was the only person in this room. He didn't react, no he was still as a tree in his chair with his heart thumping rapidly. He didn't want to believe it, he knew he was a healthy boy ever since he was a child.

He grew up strong, he grew up to be faster than the kids on his track team in his high school. He grew up with a lot of energy that no one knew where he got it from. How could he be diagnosed with lung cancer?

Jungkook clenches his hands into fists to stop the shaking. He couldn't take this. He wouldn't. "You're lying." Jungkook states in a hard yet soft tone. He was never the one to raise his voice, he hated to do it actually. His father quits his shouting and Dr. Chen looks at him with sorrowful eyes.

"I wish I was, Jungkook. I really wish that I was lying and that this was all a misunderstanding but it isn't. It is true."

All the blood in Jungkook's cheeks vanished and turned pale. He took in a shuddering breath, this was just all a nightmare.

It just has to be nightmare, he tries to reassure himself but deep down he knew his words weren't true. This was real, this was reality. And he slowly began to hate the world he once cherished and loved.

"Well, is there any way for us to get rid of his cancer?? A transplant? A cure?" His father asks desperately while holding on to his wife.

Dr. Chen gravely shakes his head, "I'm sorry there isn't. We cannot do a transplant if we don't have someone with the same lungs as him."

"THEN FIND SOMEONE WHO DOES!!"

"I don't care if you have to kill someone for it just do it! Just do a transplant!" His father suddenly yells. Jungkook flinches at his tone and looks down at his lap.

"I'm sorry, Mr. Jeon we can't. We tried to look for that certain someone in our medical books but found none. I'm sorry." Dr. Chen apologizes again with his voice steady.

"So. . .there's nothing you can do? Nothing at all?" Jungkook asks with a little hope that there may be something to cure him. But Dr. Chen shakes his head once more sending that small hope that Jungkook had to the grave.

"I'm sorry but there is nothing we can do. It's already too late, the cancer has already tainted most of the tissue in your lungs. If we had saw this sooner then yes, we would be able to get rid of it. But seeing where it is now there is nothing I or my team can do." He explains sadly.

Mrs. Jeon's sobs became louder as she clenches her husband's shirt tightly. Mr. Jeon tried to look hard and stern but a few tears leaked from his eyes.

Jungkook grits his teeth to the point he was definitely sure that if he did it any harder then they would crack. He bit back his tears and firmly kept his eyes on his hands that laid on his lap.

"You have two months at best, Jungkook." Dr. Chen informs in a sad tone.

"For what?" Jungkook questions and hated himself when his voice cracked. Dr. Chen lets out a breath before speaking.

"You have two months left to live."

That was enough to break the young man who sat in the chair. All his dreams and the future he imagined was shattered just like that. It's like someone snapped their fingers and wiped away any chance Jungkook had for a brilliant future.

His dreams of becoming a singer and to touch people's hearts with his music were gone. He felt nothing in his shallow chest anymore, his heart becoming a dusty drawer that used to contain his love for this world and for the people in it. Now he felt nothing, he was numb.

He knew he didn't deserve this. He never did anything wrong in his life to make his life go upside down. Everything around him shattered and so did his joy.

Tears rolled down his cheeks and landed on his lap. He didn't ask for this. He didn't ask for anything of this to happen to him.

Why did they choose him?
Why did he have to die?
Why?

~~~~~
Tell me what you think so far in the comments!

Vote and and comment!