•Sixteen

"Are you going to say something?" Taehyung asks

You said nothing and pulled your hand away from him. You had no idea what has gotten into him and why he was saying this all of a sudden. It was awkward and uncomfortable for you had no idea what to say.

"What's with you all of a sudden?" You asked instead. "Why are you telling me this?"

Taehyung shrugs, "I've been wanting to tell you for a long time."

"What's, 'a long time'?"

Taehyung glances at you before looking to the side. "About three years." He sighs. Your eyes widen and you stare at him in shock.

"Three--three years!?" You choked.

He subtly smiles, "Yup." He says and pops the p at the end.

You couldn't believe it. Three years ago he wanted to tell you that he still loves you. A year before that he was nothing but a total jackass to you. You shake your head not understanding a word he said.

"How?"

He frowns in thought and places his hands on the floor behind him as he stares at nothing. "I don't know how to explain it." He answers honestly. "I think it was when we all found out you were moving to the States. . . ? Or was it before that. . ." He mumbles to himself in uncertainty.

You rubbed the back of your head nervously as silence enveloped the two of you. You were unsure how to continue on this subject or even if you should.

You never imagined him being the one to admit he still had feelings for you. If anything you always thought that you'd be the one to crack first.

"This is all too sudden." You say quietly. And it was, you just came here to have lunch with him and that was it.

Taehyung glances at you to see how uncomfortable you looked. Your face was flushed red in embarrassment as your eyes showed nothing but uneasiness in them. He quickly regrets telling you but he just couldn't hold it in much longer.

Those two long years that you were gone were emotionally killing him. He wanted you to come back so he could tell you how wrong he was and that he had changed. And when you did come back in some odd way he thought he was blessed with another chance.

Even though you just came back for Jungkook.

He was impatient and thought that this would be a perfect time to tell you, but seeing your reaction he knew he shouldn't have said anything. He looks away and at the wall. He starts to forcibly laugh.