•Sixty-Five

The dark, calming abyss holds Jungkook in content

The dark, calming abyss holds Jungkook in content. He was at peace, it was only him here. And he no longer burned inside. The hot pain had dwindled into nothingness.

The silence was enjoyable, he could only hear the sounds of his breathing. Jungkook has no idea how long he has been alone in this new dark world but he didn't care. Just being able to breathe normally, to be able to hear nothing . . .

His short moment of peace was interrupted by a slow beeping sound. Confused, Jungkook looks around wondering where it came from. He hears it again then the sound of someone murmuring, no, it was the sound of someone crying.

The noise surrounded him filling his ears with the beeping and the crying. He tries to block out the sounds, he tries covering his ears. But it didn't work, the sounds only became louder.

He watches as his dark peaceful world slowly comes down into shambles. He could feel himself panic, his breathing becoming ragged and rough.

No, he thinks desperately. He wasn't ready to leave. He didn't want to leave. This world was nice, he was his normal self again.

There seemed to be other plans for him, however. Helpless, he watches his dark abyss strip clean out of his life. Then he was pushed.

He was pushed back to where he came from never to see that wonderful dark abyss again. He slowly blinks once and sees a shiny, bright light before him. He blinks again, now he sees a white ceiling above him.

He stares at the light and ceiling above for a long moment regaining his consciousness. When things became somewhat clear in his vision he turns his head to where he hears the soft beeping sound. Next to him he sees a heart monitor and watches the green line squiggle to the pace of his heart.

He notices other machines were beside him as well. He hears a soft sniffle beside him, then a man murmuring something to the person who cried. Slowly with a small groan, Jungkook turns his head to the right and blinks once at the sight of the aging couple sitting at his bedside.

"Mom?" He croaks with a raspy voice.

Mrs. Jeon abruptly stops her sobs and slowly, as if she was afraid, turns her head to her son. She stares at him with red, puffy eyes as he stares back with eyes full of grogginess. A relieved gasp escapes her lips.

"Oh my gosh . . ." She murmurs before letting out a loud sob. She pushes off her chair and leans over Jungkook peppering him with light pecks on his forehead.

He didn't stop her for he was still processing what was happening around him.

"You're awake . . ." She sobs with a relieved smile upon her lips. Jungkook only stares at her blankly unsure what to say first. He glances at his dad and sees him stand next to his mom with tears strumming down his face.