•Fourty-Seven

It was a warm mid-afternoon along the coast of Busan

It was a warm mid-afternoon along the coast of Busan. The ocean was a beautiful sparkling blue, its waves turning foamy white as hits along the sandy shore.

The sound of the waves rolling into to shore calming and peaceful. It was the only sound heard for everything was silent.

Jungkook found himself standing upon the sandy beach and felt the soft sand under his feet. He wore only a white button-up shirt and white pants. His brown chestnut hair was neat and combed up to the side.

His expression was blank as he stared at the ocean before him. He did not know why he was here nor how he got here.

Slowly he turns to the left and begins to walk. He walks aimlessly for hours not knowing where he was going. Or if he was going the right way.

All he knew was that he was looking for something or someone. There was a long yearning in his heart yet he doesn't know why he felt that way.

His endless walk suddenly comes to a stop when he sees someone in the distance. Squinting his eyes he sees a woman also standing along the beach staring out at the open ocean.

He continues his walk but slowly. As he got closer he could see that she wore a long white dress with her feet also bare. Her hands were clasped behind her with her long brown hair flowing behind her cradled by the gentle wind.

She was beyond extraordinary. She was beautiful like a flower. Just as his eyes laid upon her Jungkook immediately knew she was the one he was looking for.

She catches his gaze and slowly turns to him with a smile placed on her plump lips. Jungkook's heart skips a beat at the sight with his breath knocked out of him. Her warm smile somehow fulfilled that longing in his heart. But he still couldn't understand why.

"Jungkook." He hears her say in a welcoming tone. It didn't take a heartbeat for Jungkook to respond.

"Jisun."

She giggles with her smile widening, her eyes warm and loving. Jungkook smiles along feeling light on his feet. But he was curious about one thing.

"Jisun, where are we?" He asks curiously. Jisun simply shrugs and looks around her.

"You can call it the Middle, I guess."

"The Middle?"

Jisun pokes out her bottom lip and nods before she looks back. "Yes, this place is between reality and the place all good people go. We're between life and death."