•Sixty-Eight

Jimin becomes still before the nurse's desk

Jimin becomes still before the nurse's desk. His feet became rooted to the floor with his breathing becoming rigid. His expression was nothing but blank, yet his eyes held confusion.

He processed the words you spoke, I'm going to save him. Jimin knew who you meant but what didn't understand how. How were you going to save Jungkook?

He scans your face once more seeing relief in your eyes yet as he looks closer there was a hint of sadness. He frowns slightly in puzzlement, why was that?

He clears his throat, "What do you mean?" He asks. "Did you find a donor?"

Jimin tries his best to cover the hope in his voice. In these circumstances there was no guarantee there will be one on such short notice. But as he watches you nod with a small smile he allows the hope to surface itself on his face.

"Yes," you answer softly while clenching your fists.

You still couldn't believe you had the same type of lungs as Jungkook. It seemed too coincidental in your opinion. But no matter how many times you stared at that screen the numbers wouldn't change. You were a match.

"Are you sure?" Jimin asks skeptically.

"Yes," the nurse answers for you bringing you back to your senses.

"Come and see," you gesture for Jimin with a hand.

He hesitates for a moment before scurrying around the desk and to your side. He leans forward with his eyes narrowed as he stares at the screen. His eyes scan left and right as he skims through Jungkook's file and someone else's.

He realizes the information was the same, there truly was a donor for Jungkook. A relieved, airy chuckle escapes Jimin's lips with a small smile cracking the corner of his lips.

"I can't believe it," he breathes. "He can be saved. Jungkook is---" His voice suddenly trails off when his eyes land on the center of the donor's file.

He blinks once. Twice. The smile upon his lips slowly disappears replacing with a frown.

"Wait a minute . . ."

In bold lettering, he saw a familiar name. Your name. Jimin's face becomes immensely pale while the relief feeling changes into confusion and horror.

His heart sinks into his stomach leaving an aching pain in his chest. Questions swirl endlessly in his mind, he had no idea how to word them all together. He couldn't speak without everything pouring out.

With great effort, he pushes away from the desk his back still turned to you. Only one word leaves his lips barely in a whisper.

"Why?"

You watch him turn around. His eyes filled with unwavering horror, his lips slightly agape.

"Why?" He repeats. "Why is your name on there?"