•Twenty-Nine

"Jungkook, please look at me," you say softly

"Jungkook, please look at me," you say softly. You watch Jungkook's back tense up but he doesn't answer. He ignores you.

You couldn't help but run out into the cold rain and look for him. You hoped he was inside but deep down you knew he wasn't. You couldn't risk it and come out here as fast you could.

You didn't want to leave him out here. So now you stand here soaked from the rain with teeth chattering.

"Jungkook," you say again and take a step to him. When you placed a hand on his shoulder he violently flinches and moves away.

Confused and hurt by his reaction you stand there silently watching him move a few feet away from you.

"Why are you here?" He asks in monotone.

It was as if the liveliness in his voice was gone. And that put a stinging pain in your chest. You try to ignore it and swallow hard.

"You need to come inside," you answer. "You'll catch a cold." He shrugs with his hands in his sweater pocket.

"So? Why do you care?" He says coldly. You flinch at his words and stare at him in shock. Why was he saying this all of a sudden?

"Why do I care?" You repeat in disbelief. "Jungkook, did you just say that?"

When he doesn't answer you scoff and with the shake of your head. Well, there's your answer.

"You know why I care, Jungkook. Your condition will worsen if you stay out here."

Jungkook could hear the worry in your voice and it took all of his willpower not to turn around. If he saw your face and your worried eyes then he knows he'll do anything to make that go away.

He would listen and follow you like a lost puppy. He can't do that anymore, it'll just lead him to feel more pain.

"Go back inside, Jisun," he says firmly.

"I will if you'll come too," you say. "I can't leave you out here."

"Really, because you never thought that before," Jungkook says without thinking.

Immediately he regrets his words but he couldn't take it back. You heard it loud and clear. You blink, processing what he just said. Despite the rain, your lips become dry as you stare at Jungkook's back.

"What are you talking about?" You ask softly. He resists the urge to sigh and clenches his fists instead.

"You heard me. You never acted like you were worried about me. Until now."

"That's not true--"

"It is true!" Jungkook shouts over the thunder. Your body flinches, either from the cold or the volume of his voice you didn't know.