•Fourty-Five

Out on the beach awaited a young man

Out on the beach awaited a young man. He stood alone on the sandy surface with his back turned on the salty ocean as he looks at the tall lit up buildings in front of him.

There was a faint sound of cars and city noise afar. The sun had already set an hour ago leaving him in the dusk awaiting night to finally take over.

Jungkook clutches his sweater close to his body hoping it'll generate a bit of warmth throughout his body. The temperature was dropping and he deeply regrets not wearing anything thicker than a sweater.

He was getting antsy as he waited for your arrival. He checks his phone, 7:55 it said. He reluctantly puts it away and starts to rocks back and forth in the balls of his feet. He was starting to get worried.

"Is she on her way?" Seojun asks causing Jungkook to jump out of his trance. He glances behind him to see Seojun bundled up in a jacket with his hands stuffed in his pockets.

He felt bad for dragging him into this. There was only enough tolerance Seojun had for the cold. With a disappointing frown, Jungkook shakes his head.

"No," he answers solemnly. "She hasn't texted me."

Seojun frowns feeling bad for his friend. He gives him a small nod. "Oh," he mumbles and takes a step beside him.

Jungkook rethought Seojun's seemingly too much yet perfect plan. Jungkook would invite you to the beach making you think you two will be out for a simple walk. But in actuality, Jungkook was going to confess his feelings.

He was going to do it in the middle of the heart that was drawn in the sand. There were a few rose petals scattered about but most of them were swept away by the ocean wind. What was left was a simple drawing around Jungkook and Seojun.

Seojun glances at his friend and notices the impatience and doubt written all over his face. His frown increases as he presses his lips tightly together. You were practically two hours late, it was obvious you weren't going to come.

Yet, Jungkook still waited. Seojun shakes his head with a sigh, Jungkook was loyal to a fault. He admired that about him, but he didn't want to give him false hope. He had enough of that.

Gently he places a comforting hand upon Jungkook's shoulder. "Hey, it's getting late, Kook. Want to just tell her you had a rain check?"

Jungkook doesn't answer as he stares at the buildings and skyscrapers with dull eyes. He knows you'll show up. You said so in the text, you just had to.