*(32) Fieldtrip to Hogsmeade

Their bags were packed, notes were written, wands were at the ready, and there was no trace of their recent activities on them. They were fully prepared to depart Hogwarts and arrive at Malfoy Manor to meet... them.

As they approached the winding path that led to Hogsmeade, the charming village nestled not too far from Hogwarts, Severus skillfully set down their suitcases and, with a flick of his wand, expertly shrunk them. This thoughtful act meant they wouldn't have to carry heavy trunks throughout the day, a relief they both appreciated.

With a twinkle in her eye, Sophie suggested, "Since we have some time, can we take a quick detour to the village? I've never been there before." She secured her wand in her pocket, eager for a little adventure.

Severus considered her request, straightening his attire, and replied, "I don't see why not. They aren't expecting us until late afternoon." His demeanor remained composed, but inside, he felt a flutter of excitement. He enjoyed these moments with Sophie, where they could explore and experience new things together.

"They're expecting us?" She asked with a face that was capable of making a frown seem adorable, "When did you send an owl?" She asked as they began to make their way down the trail.

"Well, it would be rather impolite for two Hogwarts students to show up uninvited at the home of a pureblood family that has been around for over 900 years," Severus explained with a hint of humor, slipping into his 'character.' He knew how important etiquette was in the wizarding world, especially when dealing with old and traditional families. Sophie found both sides of his persona captivating, whether serious or playful.

"Before you start ranting, let me tell you that I already know these individuals," Sophie laughed, adopting a distinguished Welsh accent.

"I didn't know you could do that," Severus raised an eyebrow, genuinely impressed by her skill.

"There are loits of things ya don't know about meh," Sophie replied, switching to her natural-sounding Australian accent.

They laughed and bantered, going back and forth with accents from different parts of the world. Severus was impressed by Sophie's versatility, finding her performances captivating.

Finally, they reached the outskirts of Hogsmeade, and a tantalizing aroma filled Sophie's senses. The air was filled with the scent of rich butterbeer, the sweetness of candies, and the earthy fragrance of the autumn season. In all her future sights with the village, it had always been winter or covered in snow, with fires burning in every abode.

"The only place I want to visit right now is Honeydukes," Sophie confessed, her eyes gleaming with excitement. She secretly longed to explore Scrivenshafts Quill Shop as well, enjoying the experience of writing with her own parchment and using different quills and ink colors. The monotonous pens in the future often left her with calloused hands and sore fingers, but with a personalized quill, writing would become effortless and add a touch of her unique style.

"All right, we can grab a quick snack there too," Severus agreed, checking his pockets for money and realizing he didn't have much.

From the corner of her eye, Sophie noticed his search and a sense of determination welled up within her. "It's all on me today so don't even try to reach in your pockets, Mr. Snape."

"No, it's all righ-" Severus began to protest.

"Severus," Sophie interrupted, pulling out two bags of coins from her pockets. He looked at the full bags with a mix of awe and solemnity. "Whatever is mine is yours. We are 'we' and 'our.' That's all that matters to me." She handed one bag to him and interlocked her hand with his as they entered the shop.