*(77) Assistant Snape

Severus waited until she closed the door and heard her footsteps clatter above his head before leaving the house again and traveling back to the Dark Lord for one of the death eater meetings... these were only for the closest supporters.

The rest of the summer flew by intensely, like a lightning bolt streaking across the night sky. The days raced by for Sophie, filled with a whirlwind of activity and excitement. However, for Severus, the passage of time seemed painfully slow. He was deeply engrossed in refining his teaching principles and determined to establish a rigorous and disciplined environment for his students at Hogwarts. In contrast, all Sophie yearned for was a few moments of respite to recharge her energy, so she could fully immerse herself in her studies at the school.

"I wish I could sit right next to you at the teacher's table, but I know you'll enjoy having me glance up at you," Sophie playfully teased Severus as they both arrived at the front gates of Hogwarts, being among the first to reach the school that morning.

As the hours ticked by, other professors gradually made their way to the school, some arriving even earlier than Sophie and Severus to ensure their schedules were meticulously planned and classrooms were impeccably organized. Severus wouldn't have his classroom this year, as Slughorn was still here to complete his final year before retirement. Sophie was surprised that the jovial Potions Master had decided to continue for another year.

Acknowledging the delicate situation, Sophie and Severus decided to part ways, not wanting to create any awkwardness with Slughorn in the same room. Sophie found herself back in the familiar room she had been staying in for the past few years, and to her delight, she discovered a few carefully wrapped gifts awaiting her.

Her excitement bubbled over as she eagerly unwrapped the presents, her heart brimming with gratitude for the thoughtful gestures. Among the bundle of goods were candies, her favorites that never failed to brighten her day. A few small but meaningful gifts also touched her heart, each holding a special memory.

However, what struck her the most were the letters she found bundled together in a single envelope. The letters were from each of the Marauders, as well as one from Lily. Her friends wished her luck in her final year at Hogwarts, eagerly anticipating that she would join them in the real world, fighting against specific "threats." Little did they know that she was one of those threats.

Her heart swelled with emotions as she read through each letter, savoring the words of encouragement and camaraderie. At the bottom of Lily's note was a tiny, inked handprint accompanied by the name 'Harry' adorably sketched next to it. The tiny handprint brought a warm smile to Sophie's face as she traced her finger around the small edges and curves, her heart filled with affection for the little boy she had grown to love like family.

 The tiny handprint brought a warm smile to Sophie's face as she traced her finger around the small edges and curves, her heart filled with affection for the little boy she had grown to love like family

She could choose to keep this for Harry in the future, a treasured memento that she hoped would bring him comfort and understanding as he grew older. She knew she couldn't alter the course of fate, and every time she thought about it, a sense of guilt washed over her. Yet, she recognized that even her mere presence in this world had already caused ripples in the fabric of time and space.