*(80) Gracious Gryffindors

"Always," Severus repeated as they made their way back to their rooms to be ready for the next day of their now conjoined lives.

The morning sunlight filtered through the window, casting a warm glow across the room. Sophie's heart still raced with excitement as she woke up and pinched the hand that now bore the engagement ring. The cool metal against her skin assured her that it wasn't a dream. She twisted the ring around on her finger, marveling at how perfectly it fit as if it had always belonged there.

Normally, an engagement ring would require sizing or a thoughtful question, but Severus seemed to have an almost uncanny ability to know her so well. "Probably because we've held hands so many times," she thought with a laugh, rolling over in the bed to find Severus absent.

"He must've already gone to class... I guess he knows his priorities," she chuckled to herself, finding comfort in the familiar routines of Hogwarts life.

After getting ready for the day, she made her way through the castle, receiving compliments and warm wishes from students and staff alike. The blush on her cheeks deepened with each friendly glance, making her feel like she was glowing with happiness.

Entering the library, she found herself immersed in the sea of knowledge, surrounded by towering shelves of books. She took a seat in the quiet and cool atmosphere, but to her surprise, a few Gryffindors stayed behind from the previous day's event and settled down in front of her and beside her.

Lily sat to her right, her bright green eyes filled with curiosity as she playfully pushed her puppy-dog eyes in Sophie's direction. "Soooooo, when is the big day?" she asked, her genuine interest shining through.

Sophie laughed wholeheartedly, trying to contain her excitement, "Relatively soon. October 21st."

The announcement seemed to catch everyone off guard, and their eyes widened with surprise, a mix of emotions crossing their faces. Sirius, sitting beside her, appeared distant, as if lost in his own thoughts. Meanwhile, James, sitting across from Lily, seemed more interested in Sophie's life than he had ever been before, possibly a result of becoming a father.

"You best be joking, Soph. That's literally... tomorrow." Peter exclaimed, a hint of disbelief in his voice as he counted the days on his fingers.

"Yeah, isn't that a bit too soon?" James chimed in, looking down at the table contemplatively.

Sophie shot James a playful stink eye, then replied, "The sooner the better. I thought you lot of all people would understand that. There's a war going on after all." She leaned back in her chair, her mind already envisioning images of her dream wedding—a smaller scale event that she could set up with some help.

"Well, when do we begin?" Lily asked eagerly, reaching out to grab Sophie's arm. Sophie smiled, appreciating Lily's enthusiasm, and proceeded to describe her dream venue to the five Gryffindors.

The setting would be the open corridor leading to the lands where the Whomping Willow resided. Delicate white flowers and lacy green shrubbery would be strategically placed to add a touch of beauty while somewhat obscuring the view behind. The ceiling would be temporarily replaced with ropes adorned with more greenery and lace linens, creating a cascading effect leading to the altar. To make things more comfortable, Sophie envisioned changing the cobblestone floor into a rustic brick texture, sparing her shoes from getting caught in the uneven stones.

When it came to the guest list, Sophie wanted the five Gryffindors, Albus, Minerva, Slughorn, and a few other close individuals. However, she also wanted to ensure no uninvited guests, particularly ghosts and spirits, would intrude on her special day, so she would set up enchantments to keep them at bay.