More Similar Than We Thought

Chapter 7: More Similar Than We Thought

The next day you and the Gang agreed to take a break from the Expidition. To help Shadow heal a bit and for everyone to gain strength. Sonic began talking about something with the gang. You didn't know what because you were busy trying to figure out what the heavy foot steps were.

"Shh!" You shushed everyone.

"I don't ha-" you placed a finger over Knuckles mouth.

"Shh" you shushed again. Then everyone else realized what that sound was. Shadow's eyes widened with fear, but switched to anger. Yours did to, they(sorry, my phone won't let me use the Italics) are looking for you and Shadow, again. About ten to twenty men were in that forest with dart guns. You all sat silently, until Amy spoke up.

"Who are they again?" Amy asked, you groan and look at her. Before you could explain, Shadow spoke for you.

"The G.U.N team" Shadow growled. You growled along with him. Everyone looked confused, other than you and Sonic. Shadow never told them anything, never wants to, never will. But Shadow told Sonic about it a bit.

"What are they doing all the way out here?" Sonic asked. The other four were still confused.

"Looking for me and Shadow, that's what" you growled. You remembered who Shadow was now, he used to be in the same situation as you. Stuck in a lab, people trying to inject stuff in you.

"Why for you guys?" Tails asked, before you answered the question, you waited for them to be gone. Once they were, you answered.

"They wanna turn us into weapons to destroy the entire world! And that's all i'm gonna tell any of you!" You shouted, you walked out side to make sure they were gone. Shadow followed behind you, knowing how you feel. Once you two were out side, you sat on the railings of the porch. "Why us?" You ask, a tear started to form in your eye. Shadow stood next to you.

"Because we are the strongest mobians out there" Shadow answered. You sighed, and looked away.

"Where did you come from? Like, before the G.U.N" You ask, Shadow looked away. He didn't like to think of where he came from. But he knew he could trust you.

"I came from a place called Black Arms DNA" Shadow sighed. You gasped.

"You mean, you were created and not born?" You ask. Shadow slowly nodded his head. "By the famous Professor Gerald Robotnik?" You ask. Again, Shadow nodded his head. You could have swore there were tears in his eyes. "And.... Maria Robotnik?" You sort of quietly ask.

"Yep" Shadow's voice was slightly quivery, but not easy to detect.

"I'm sorry, I only know this stuff because I heard them tease you about it, I never found it funny" you frowned. You didn't. You found it hurtful and often found Shadow crying.

"You were there?" He asked, you nodded your head and sighed.

"I was made in a lab on an abandoned asteriod, and had a friend like Maria, his name was Miles, he was like a brother to me. One day, that very team came there and killed both the Professor and Miles, and took me here to be turned to a back up weapon" You were at the crying point yourself. It hurt to talk about it, but it felt good to talk about stuff like this. To someone you can trust.

"What do you mean back up?" Shadow asked. You looked up at the sunset.

"I mean, they were keeping me just in case you refused or.... escaped. I ended up escaping the day before they were gonna give me all the powers, and a week after you escaped" you and Shadow sat in silence for a second, before he spoke up.

"I'm.... i'm sorry about Miles" Shadow took a quick glance at you and looked away again.

"And i'm sorry about Maria" Once again, another silence took place. You heard him slightly sob, so you jumped off the rails and hugged him. He hugged back, a few tears landed on your shoulders. You didn't mind though.

This was a long hug, about a five minute hug. And in between you could have swore he smiled. Once you two let go you both were blushing. A yawn escaped your mouth and you stretched your back.

"Tired?" Shadow asked, you nodded your head. Shadow took a peek inside to make sure no one was in the living room. No one was there and he picked you up, bridal style. And carried you inside and into his bedroom, and on the bed. He laid you there gently, and covered you up. You fell fast asleep immediately. Shadow walked out, and as soon as he did, everyone was there, staring at him.

"Awe, Shadow likes (y/n)! Shadow likes (y/n)!" Amy and Rouge began to cheer. Making Shadow blush and deny their theory.

"Do not! Now go away" Shadow folded his arms and walked into the living room and sat. Amy and Rouge continued to cheer. "Would you guys shush? (Y/n) is sleeping"

"Why do you care about (y/n)?" Sonic smirked.

"I don't, I just........ stuff it Hedgehog!" Shadow looked away from them with a deep red face. Everyone laughed and began talking about their lives and stuff.

Word Count: 900