Chapter 1

Key for y'all ;)

(Y/N) = Your Name     (Y/M/N) = Your Middle Name     (Y/L/N) = Your Last Name

(Y/E/C) = Your Eye Color

(Y/A) = Your Age

(Y/H/C) = Your Hair Color

(Y/F/C) = Your Favorite Color

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You covered your mouth in surprise as you ripped open the invitation. Tears blurred your eyes as you read the letter sent to you on the expensive paper:

Dear (Y/N) (Y/M/N) (Y/L/N),

In celebration of the New Year, I, Tony Stark, invite you to celebrate with me on January 1st.

Sincerely,

Tony Stark

You turned over to look at the envelope, but quickly became confused when the return address was missing from it. You shrugged it off. You still had the invitation, but what for?

Maybe someone had finally realized and wanted to meet you for your talent.

But then again, that was highly unlikely.

Ever since your parents mysteriously died in a bombing while you were at your grandparents 5 years ago, no one wanted you anymore. Your grandparents heard the news, and at the funeral, left you to fend for yourself.

You've lived in your parents house ever since then, treating everything left in the house that's your parents as if it was your very own.

Barely scraping by, you fended for yourself by finding little jobs around New York City, and at the same time, spent every available moment in the public library teaching yourself the standards for every grade. Yet though the task was tedious, you found yourself being able to get ahead in studies. Or, at least you seemed like you knew some stuff.

So you ignored the somewhat anonymous letter. Maybe it would be good for you to try something new. Meet new people.

You threw down your backpack onto the floor and quickly slather some peanut butter onto a piece of bread. It's cheap, and you make by with eating it almost everyday. If lucky, you add some jam and drink some juice along with it. 

With sandwich in hand, you went upstairs and go into your bedroom. It's small but cozy, with (Y/F/C) on the walls. It was starting to peel of the walls of your bedroom,  but it's one of the last things you remember about your parents, so you didn't dare to ever try and fix it.

Setting the peanut butter sandwich onto your desk, you ran into your parents room. Again, though it goes unused, it was more of a memoir to your parents, so you didn't dare to turn it into a lab for experimenting or studying or for any other hobby of yours.

You walked to your mom's closet  and look at her dresses. You couldn't afford to buy new clothes, and now, at (Y/A) years old, you were able to fit into most of your mom's clothing. 

You looked through the clothing, hoping to find something somewhat acceptable to wear to a Stark party. Though the parties are very known, it's a big deal to get invited to one. It's NOT a public event. You gave a slight laugh at the thought of going to one. You doubted Tony Stark would pay attention to you, much less know you. 

You. A normal  human being who has no special abilities whatsoever. The Avengers would be there, and they would probably look down upon you. Your smarts are no match to butt kicking heroes, and you'd probably be the youngest one there. You're nothing special. Even the ones who you knew the most and loved you the most abandoned you. You averted your eyes from the dresses, and they fall onto a picture of your parents. You let out a quiet cry.

No. You weren't going to make a big deal over some stupid party. You couldn't start self-pitying yourself. The only way you made it was by ignoring all the bad things in your life.

Shaking your head, you got back to work. The party was in 3 days, and you had to get ready.

You had to make it seem like you somewhat belonged at a Stark party.

You continued to browse, but this was no easy task. Your mom was a very colorful person, and so was her style. You needed to find something formal, darker colored. At least that's what they showed on TV and in the magazines.

You reached to the back of the closet when you pulled out a dusty black dress, as if your mom had left it back there to be forgotten until the end of time.

It's vintage style was definetely something your mom would wear, and though it wasn't trendy, it would have to make do. What else would you wear?

You looked at your mom's shoe rack and found a pair of matching heels to go with the dress.

They weren't best quality, but they'd have to do, just like the dress.

Besides, you had a party to go to.

And this was a chance that you couldn't miss out on.