Chapter 20

Checking to make sure the coast is clear, you ran into the gym.

"JARVIS, run a battle training simulation please," you requested loudly. "And please lock the gym doors, saying that I wish to not be disturbed." 

You weren't risking your chance at being able to secretly go on missions. No one could see you in your suit, and none of them deserved to.

Besides, according to Tony, you were grounded.

"Yes, Miss (Y/N). Beginning simulation in 15 seconds," JARVIS' voice filled the room.

"Let's see what this baby can do," you whispered under your breath, bouncing on your toes. You grabbed a special gun off the shelf made special for the simulation. As much as Tony was on your nerves, you didn't want to wreck the room using a real one.

The room became dark as the simulation started. You squinted, barely able to see a couple feet in front of you.

Green holograms in the shape of people with weapons formed around the room. You loaded the simulation gun and scanned the room. They put up the weapons and a light green bullet whizzes past you. You felt some wind off of it.

Dang, JARVIS is good, you thought. Your heartbeat rose. You start shooting the gun at the holograms, and they 'collapsed' when you hit them. More and more green bodies lied on the ground. 

Distracted, you didn't realize a large green cube flying towards you. Last second, you spun around and cover yourself with your arms, getting ready to brace the impact. Instead, as soon as it hit you, it shattered and small hologram pieces lied on the floor. You look down at the suit, noticing that the small silver threads light up a bit.

"Haha, YES!" you shouted excitedly. 

Your excitement ended quickly though, as JARVIS created more holograms. You got ready to fire, but the simulation caused the trigger to jam.

"Thanks a lot, JARVIS," you muttered under your breath.

"You're quite welcome, Miss (Y/N)," JARVIS responded. You rolled your eyes.

You dropped your gun and reverted to your hands. The holograms pulled out knives.

Unfortunately, JARVIS didn't have simulation knives yet.

Looks like it's all me, you thought.

Your ran towards them and kicked one of them in the stomach. Surprised that the hologram actually had an impact on your foot, you stumble back, but recovered quickly. A green arrow whizzed towards your chest, but your instincts took over. You backflipped over it and landed softly on your feet. You widened your eyes at the fact that you, indeed, just did that.

Remember, the suit just brings out your talents and enhances your fighting abilities and protects you at the same time, you remembered Shuri saying.

Shaking your head to get yourself out of your thoughts, you ran back to the simulations, more confident than you had been before. 

You knocked out the next couple holograms, everything a blur. It could have been a couple minutes or an hour, but you don't remember. All you know is that soon, all the green bodies are on the ground. The lights slowly fade back on.

"Well done, Miss (Y/N), you have completed the simulation."

You grinned, wiping the sweat off your forehead with your sleeve.

"What are my stats, JARVIS?" you asked.

"You spent 1 hour and 56 minutes in the simulation and took out 348 holograms," JARVIS stated. "This simulation was a level 2 simulation."