Chapter 45

Everyone was too out and about to cook anything, so a majority of different take out foods filled the kitchen. Tony rocked the cheeseburger, while Thor helped himself to some shawarma. 

"So how are we going to get people to evacuate New York? Just in case, you know, something bad happens?" Rhodey asked as you sat down and shoved some (favorite take-out food) into your mouth.

"Oh!" Peter Parker said, his eyes lighting up. "Mr. Rogers, sir, --"

"Steve," Cap corrected.

"Sorry, sir - I mean Steve. You should do one of those videos that you make for gym class and put broadcast it on the huge TVs in town and people's cell phones and stuff."

Everyone stared at Steve.

"What... gym videos?" Banner asked.

Steve looked nervously at Peter and Natasha.

Natasha shrugged. "Can't keep it a secret for long, Rogers."

"Wait a minute," Tony interrupted. "You two," Tony said, pointing to Parker and Natasha, "knew about some videos Cap filmed, which are probably incredibly cheesy by the way, and DIDN'T TELL ME?"

"Yes, I made videos for high school gym class and detention," he admitted.

You slapped a hand over your mouth, hiding a grin.

"Yeah, yeah," Peter said, trying to continue his idea. "So can you do it?"

Everyone in the room looked at Steve with a spark of excitement in their eyes. Not only would it get people out of town, but they'd get to see him in his righteous, cheesy Captain America style.

Steve broke. "Fine. But you better be productive while Shuri films me."

"Why can't I film you? I'm a tech genius," Tony whined.

"Because it would take hours to do with all the teasing and stuff. Shuri, let's go," Cap said, slightly sulking on his way out.

"Well, we better be productive," you said. "Let's make a plan."

~~~~~~~~~~

"Is it done?" you asked Cap as he walked into the room an hour later.

"Yep," Cap replied, though he didn't seem very excited about it. 

"The number of plane tickets bought has gone up, so that's good news," Tony said.

"Shouldn't we be doing something right now?" Carol interrupted. "Like, HYDRA could be putting the serum in the middle of the Earth right now. Why aren't we doing anything to stop them?"

"Making a move right now will only cause more damage. Not only are we sparing all the civilian's lives, but we need time to plan. Either way, this battle is inevitable," you replied.

Of course, you did have to agree with her slightly. After all, you could have been avoiding a huge battle. But having the world's greatest heroes attack without a plan seemed like a worse idea - a lot more people could die.

"So what's the plan?" Peter Parker asked.

"Cap, T'challa, and I can get Fedor and Madame B --" Tony started.

"Nope," you interrupted. "I think Nat, Bucky and Wanda should go."

"But couldn't they use trigger words?" T'challa asked.

"If they do, they'll be too focused on that rather than the other two ex-HYDRA/Red Room agents. If they're smart, they wouldn't do it," Bucky countered.

"Besides, we know them best," Natasha added. "But I thought you would go, too, (Y/N)."

You shook your head. 

"If anything, I should be going to the source of the serum and the core. If anything, I might be the only one who could maybe survive the blow. It's highly radioactive and could trigger to blow up on the slightest thing. The older it is, the more explosive."

"How do you know?" Shuri asked.

"I've done a little bit of extra research. Besides, the serum in me, I can feel it. It's like it's alive. It's changing. It's harder to control."

Everyone frowned.

"Wait," Sam said. "You said you could maybe survive the blow."

You gulped. "Yes, I did."

A darkness settled over the room. Some people looked like they were about to say something, but held it back. They knew it was the only way.

You hated to admit it, but you hoped someone would protest. But why would they? It was the death of one human over the billions of people in the world.

"Is there anyone you want to assist you?" Clint asked.

You really wanted Bucky, Nat, Wanda, and Steve there. They had really helped you through all of this. But three of them had an important job to do. You had to make a logical choice.

"Tony and Cap, I'm gonna need your help. Carol and Dr. Strange, you should be nearby, too," you said.

They all nodded.

"What about the rest of us?" Gamora asked.

"Everyone else is going to need to take down as many HYDRA agents as they can. The smaller their numbers, the lower the chance of them starting back up again. The goal of this is to eliminate HYDRA and the serum once and for all," Cap told everyone.

"Should we try to salvage the serum?" Tony countered.

You immediately shut down the thought. "I know it started as a simple lab experiment for helping people, but it's harmful and we can't ever let it get into the wrong hands again."

Silence haunted the room; no one else knew what to add or say. It was all really... gloomy.

"I upgraded my team's suits," Tony said, trying to lighten the mood.

"We're all one team, Tony," Steve scolded. "Not a bunch of small teams fighting the same battle."

"You know what I mean. Sam, (Y/N), Capsicle, Underoos, Point-break, Banner, Legolas, Widow --"

"We get it," Wanda interrupted.

"Oh! Shuri and I made some cool guns," Peter exclaimed, showing everyone the special gun he made.

"You let kids build a gun?!" everyone asked Tony and Bruce.

"It was (Y/N)'s idea!" they protested.

You rolled your eyes. You were being smart by building the weapon. It's not like you had anything better to do. 

"Alright, that's enough," Cap said. "Everyone eat some food and get some rest. We have an early battle to fight tomorrow, and it won't end until we've won."

"Grab your gear!" Tony added.

You nodded, running off to the lab to grab your suit and weapons. Then, you were going to take a nice, long shower and listen to some pump-up music. Even if you tried, there was no way you were going to get any sleep tonight.

Who knew what was going to happen tomorrow?

I'm getting really excited for the next chapters...!!!!