Chapter 16

"Welcome to the lab!" Tony exclaimed as he handed you your lab pass.

You gaped at it wide-eyed. Yes, you had been here before, but it's like he totally remodeled it in the last 24 hours.

"I had JARVIS make some updates to the lab," Tony said, reading your mind. "Um, your corner is over there. Do whatever you want. I need to work on making a case that the serum you created won't be able to dissolve." 

You nodded and stared at the screen above him. Maybe you'd be able solve another one of their problems. But as soon as your eyes hit the screen, the chemical formulas burned your eyes. Nope. Too much information for the time being. 

You walked over to your station, noticing a small laptop. You furrowed your eyebrows. Yes, it was a laptop, but compared to everything else in the room, it seemed pretty lame.

"You have to create it yourself," Bruce told you, coming into the room and sitting in the seat next to you.

"Why? You guys literally own like billion of dollars and are the smartest people known to man. Why not just give me my own screens and stuff?" 

"Thank you!" Tony yelled from the other side of the room, but walkd over over. "I started all of this in a cave, and you should start from scratch. Start your drafts, build your equipment. I just called in someone to help."

"I believe that's my cue!"

You looked over to find a new voice in the corner. A young woman with beautiful dark skin walked into the room and put out her hand.

"I'm Shuri," she said, shaking your hand firmly.

You smiled politely back. "(Y/N)."

"She's gonna help you with your project while Bruce and I work on ours," Tony stated.

"Don't you go get a big head," Shuri scolded. "You are only the 2nd smartest person in the room."

"That's... not true," Tony retorted.

"Who's 2nd?" Bruce asked.

Shuri just laughed. "I'll let you two decide who takes second and who takes third. You boys get back to work. We're gonna have some girl time." She shooed them away.

She looked at you. "Let's get started, shall we?" she said as she opens the laptop Stark had bought for you.

"May I just ask... who are you?"

"I am Shuri, princess of Wakanda," she replied casually, not looking up from the screen.

"Wakanda?"

"It's located in Africa. For those who know of it, they come for our riches and technology. But most people don't currently know about it. My brother, king of Wakanda is working on opening up to the world, but after he installs a Starbucks," she said. "Now please, I have limited time and tons to do."

You shrugged. "JARVIS, please set up soundproof locked doors in my lab quarters," you requested.

"WAIT!" Shuri interrupted, finally looking up from the screen. You looked over at her in question.

"It's more fun if you have an invisible shield up. If other people try to get in, it throws them back. They can't see it, and it's so much fun to use as blackmail. I've done it to my brother countless times."

You didn't try to hide the mishevious grin that formed on your face.

"JARVIS, I'd like to change my request from soundproof doors to an invisible shield for my quarters. I'd like this request to remain private between Shuri and I, please."

"Processing," JARVIS's automated voice replied.

Soon a blue grid flashed around your lab and slowly fades away. 

"Invisible shield complete. Who would you like to grant access too?"

"Just Shuri and I."

You looked back at Shuri and smiled.

"This is gonna be fun," she whispered, grinning. 

~~~~~~~~~~

"We finally have all the hologram screens where we want them," you tiredly told Shuri.

She looked over and nodded, tiny beads of sweat forming along her hairline. 

"What are you guys up to?" Tony asked from the other side of the room, carrying a glass of water towards you guys.

"JARVIS, prep cameras," you said as quietly as you can. Shuri answered for you.

"Just setting up some screens. We'll be designing some technology and suit for (Y/N) later."

"(Y/N), I don't think that's a good idea," Tony doubted.

He continued coming forward, and you held in a breath, waiting for him to get blocked by the force field.

"Why not?" you asked as he comes closer to talk to you. You could feel Shuri get giddy and excited from the other side of the room.

"Because--" he stopped as he walked into the invisible field. The contact caused the shield to go red, no admittance, and threw him back.

"What the---" he exclaimed. "You've turned my own lab against me!?"

"Just this area. What were you saying about not having a suit? I fight well enough one and I'd be even better with a suit."

Tony sighs, defeated. "Whatever, I have bigger problems to worry about."

"That formula still tricking you up?" Shuri teased. Tony glared at her and growled remarks under his breath.

"Come, (Y/N). Let's see if we can solve the old man's problem."

You stared at the screen, checking the equation with the periodic table, though there was an extra block scribbled on the board in the metals section named Vibranium. You'd have to ask about that later.

"We've had JARVIS scan the board multiple times and he can't find the error," Tony sighed.

"Nothing is as powerful as the human mind," Shuri encouraged. "Use it."

You, Shuri, Bruce, and Tony stared intently at the screen, trying to find the thing that's missing. How could the elements in the serum become neutral when touched with the metal so it doesn't melt it?

"You add an unknown element," you whispered.

"But that's impossible," Shuri answered.

"(Y/N) might be right," JARVIS interrupted. "While scanning the equation and the table of elements, there's nothing that we could take away or add to neutralize the atoms in the serum."

"But what other element is out there? Besides Vibranium?" Shuri asked. "Even if a new element is found out there, the periodic table wouldn't line up."

"We need to figure it out. Otherwise the serum will just fall into enemy hands. We need to harness it in a different way," you said.

"It'll take big equipment," Tony warned.

An idea started to form in your head. "JARVIS, prep the lab," you yelled to the AI. 

"What is your plan?" Shuri looked at you suspiciously. 

"Follow me. I'll tell you everything," you responded excitedly. 

THIS TOOK SO LONG BUT IT'S FINALLY HERE GUYS!

Thank you for the reads and I apologize for the wait.

Love you 3000!