Chapter 28

For some reason, these people were only trying to hurt you, not kill you. This made your job much easier.

You ran towards Cap, kicking off of him not only to knock him down but to propel yourself towards Natasha, Bruce, Bucky, and Falcon (who was now only able to shoot since you destroyed his wing). You kicked the gun out of Sam's hands as you wrapped your legs around Bucky's neck. Before you were able to knock him down, though, he flung you off. Luckily, you landed not too hard on your back and got back to your feet with more fire than before. 

Natasha tried to pull the same trick on you, but you kicked behind her knee first, causing her to stumble. You grabbed your sniper and aimed at her, but she was saved by Captain America, who hid behind his shield.

You lit a smoke bomb, which was all the ammo you had left besides your gun, and ran off to find the serum. 

You were quickly stopped when you felt a shock on your shoulder.

A Black Widow bite. You had fallen to your knees, slightly paralyzed. You resisted the temptation to fall asleep and quickly ripped it off your skin. 

When you looked up, Natasha, Bucky, Bruce, Steve, Sam, and fully recovered Wanda surrounded you. Wanda's glowing energy restrained you from getting up. 

"Take off her mask," Captain ordered. Bucky brought his hands towards your goggles, and you tried to squirm out of Wanda's grasp. It was no use. 

You were quickly blinded by the light, as the goggles not only helped you spot things, but they worked as sunglasses, too. 

The Avengers were all taken aback when they saw your eyes. Why? Because you were younger than they expected?

"(Y/N)..." Steve gasped, though he didn't seem surprised.

"Who the hell is (Y/N)?" you growled.

Bucky and Natasha put a pitying look on their faces and Wanda was so shocked that she dropped you from her red stuff. Using this to your advantage, you kicked Wanda in the stomach and used Captain as the bowling ball, knocking down Natasha and Bucky.

You heard them all moan and you ran off with satisfaction. Your feet pounded as you skipped, four, five stairs at a time. 

"Don't let her get that serum," Captain groaned.

It was too late for that. Or so you thought.

Tony's hand was holding on to your forehead with his hands ready to fire. 

"(Y/N) stop. HYDRA is destroying you," Tony insisted. 

You hated that people were calling you (Y/N). 

"What do you know about HYDRA's plans?" you questioned. 

You forcefully pulled out of his grasp, barely dodging all the power blasts Tony was trying to hit you with. One of his blasts hit the glass, causing shards to fly everywhere. However, you used this to your advantage and ran through the hole.

You scanned the room for the serum and noticed a large glowing beaker. The serum.

You grabbed the beaker and you were about to run out the lab door, but all the Avengers were there.

"There's nowhere to go now, (Y/N). Let us help you," Steve said. All of the Avengers had weapons loaded and were ready to fight.

According to HYDRA, they didn't help. They tried to, but all they did was end up killing innocent people and destroying cities. HYDRA and the Red Room, though, did jobs efficiently. They made changes in this world.

You whipped out your gun and shot at Tony's arc reactor. Of all of them, for some reason, you had the most resentment towards him.

The small distraction allowed you to fire at the window. The glass rained down like rain, and you launched yourself out of the window with it.

You left a dent on the sidewalk and started running.

~~~~~~~~~~

Warning: this might be kinda gruesome. 

Your head rolled with a hard slap across your face. Even with the super-soldier serum and all your other vaccines, this one burned. You rolled your head, your eyes were blurry and nothing would focus. 

"You failed," Fedor snarled. 

You looked at him with clear confusion. This made him even more disappointed.

"You showed the Avengers mercy. Yes, you got the serum, but not one of the Avengers was severely injured. You may have hit Stark in the arc reactor, but it did nothing but make him collapse for a mere two minutes. You have not proven yourself and you have not shown yourself full dedication to this program."

Your eyes wandered to the ceiling. Even from no cardio exercise in recent hours, you were sweating and panting. Whatever happened, whatever torture was performed must have been bad. You were glad that you didn't remember it. Even if the chair was painful, it got rid of everything else.

Madame B stepped up, her eyes cold and hard. You shivered, even though sweat dripped down the side of your face. You wore just a black tank top, black cargo pants, and black combat boots. Your hair was still in its neat braid, but only because every strand of hair was pulled so hard that it had nowhere to go.

"Only you have passed the first test. So sadly, we must keep you. However, each time you fail, it will be tallied - on your skin. Do you want the world to know how vulnerable you are? How weak you are?"

You felt no fear, just a numbness. This was all life was to you now. 

No super-soldier serum, not even Stark's serum could save you now.

Madame B took a red-hot needle and made a small but deep tally on your the blade of your shoulder. The needle sizzled and the smell of burning skin haunted the air.

You let out a small cry, but Fedor gave you a look, and you bit down on your tongue.

You couldn't fail ever again. If HYDRA and the Red Room didn't show mercy, neither could you.

But for some reason, Madame B made the tally small, as if many more would line up next to it.

The serums kicked in a little bit, but the ache was still there as Madame B took out the needle, which was coated with your special blood.

"Ready for training, soldier?"

Your body tingled, and you noticed that Stark's serum was a little less empty. Somehow, this encouraged you. You weren't going to fail ever again.

"Yes, sir," you managed to say. One tally was all there was ever going to be.

So I feel like this really sucked, and I apologize. Don't know if this was an off writing day for me, I don't know. Please let me know in the comments. Also, if you happened to like it, votes would be great. I hope everyone is staying safe in this crazy time. I've been trying to use this time to write this story and a novel that has nothing to do with a fandom also. Thank you for reading (no, this is not the end of the story. We still have quite a way to go)!

~ThatRandomWriter