Chapter 17

"Everything is finally set up," you sighed in relief. The equipment traveled all around the lab, with a small glass jar to set the serum in. But whether it was worth the work depended on whether or not the equipment would actually find anything relevant. "How long do you think it will take to see if there's the result we want?" you asked.

"I don't know. I think it'll take at least a couple of days. But I've done projects that take years before anything is actually found," Tony replied. You frowned. Days? You were hoping for just a couple hours.

"Okay," you replied, somewhat sad.

"If I end up making something or find something out, I will let you know," Shuri promised, taking your hands. "Now sadly, my brother just notified me and says he needs help with something," she said, rolling her eyes. She pulled you into a hug, but whispered "I know I don't have permission, but I am going to make you a suit. Be ready for an anonymous package on your desk."

You gave a small grin and pulled out of the hug. "Thank you for your help. Come to my lab at anytime," you smiled.

You looked at Tony, expecting for a shake of the hand or something, but all he did was nod.

"You do know it is customary for people to bow to royalty?" Shuri questioned.

Tony raised both of his eyebrows and picked up a glass of water, not responding. Shuri glared at him and scowled.

"Men," she mumbled.

"Bye, Princess! Get out of my lab!" Tony shouted as he Shuri headed towards the door.

~~~~~~~~~~

"How was the lab?" Natasha asked, handing you a glass of water. You gladly accepted it, parched from the setting up with the equipment.

"It was good. Shuri helped me out," you replied.

"Ha! Stark hates that woman. Bet that was fun," Natasha laughed. She sat down next to you and began to braid her hair, her once fully dyed blonde hair now becoming red again.

"What did you do this afternoon?" you asked Nat.

"Beat Clint up. Again," she grinned.

"He's not too hard to beat," you agreed, mostly joking.

"HEY!" you heard from the other side of the room. "I'm not THAT bad."

Nat just made a poker face.

"Hey, do you guys want pizza--."

You are interrupted by a voice on the screen.

"Attention, Avengers. We have located a ship owned by HYDRA with prisoners-- or possible test subjects-- and traces of the serum. We need you to free the prisoners and take down HYDRA. This is a high level classified mission. Leave Spider-boy behind and (Y/N)."

The com shut off, and you were left speechless. Again? You began to protest, but the Avengers were already on the move. You knew there was no point in begging.

"(Y/N), like you heard from Fury, stay here with Parker. Do some stuff in the lab, if you want. Stay out of trouble. Don't do anything I would do and definitely don't do anything I wouldn't do," Stark instructed as pieces of red and gold colored metal flies through the air and onto his body.

"Wait, what?" you asked confused. You only understood half of what he said.

"Avengers, to the quinjet!" Steve yelled. "Banner, don't unleash the Hulk until I tell you."

Bruce nodded, but you could tell by the sweat growing on his neck that he was trying really hard not to.

Within the next 30 seconds, all the Avengers are gone.