Chapter 19

"What in the world did you two think you were doing!" Stark screamed. You stared wide-eyed, your mouth agape.

"Fury told us too," Peter pleaded.

"And we stopped HYDRA and helped people," you added.

"And why in the heck am I supposed to believe you?" Tony scolded.

"They're not lying," Wanda whispered. Tony glared at her but softened his voice.

"You two are grounded. And you're never going on a mission again, (Y/N)," he said. 

"What?!" you yelled, clenching your fists. "You can't do that."

You walked up to him and glared at him, and Steve joined his side. You continued your glare, doubling it. 

"And why not?" Cap asked.

You almost mentioned the information you got from the lab, but you see the anger in their eyes.

You kept quiet and came up with a better excuse.

"You're not my parents," you whispered. It hurt to say, but you were mostly playing for the sympathy.

"What would they say right now? The police is there and HYDRA is still out there," Cap scolded.

His words throw knives into your stomach. Now your blood starts to boil. "I wouldn't know," you sneered. "I'm sorry I didn't exceed the standards on my mission. Maybe if you'd been there when my parents were killed, I wouldn't have messed all this up?"

Tension rised on the ship. It was visible in everyone's stance.

"We'll be at our base in 30 seconds," Natasha quietly stated from the pilot seat. She gave you a small look of encouragement, but it didn't help against the angry wrath of Tony and the slightly supportive Steve.

"Maybe they should have turned you in," Tony whispered under his breath.

You felt a pang in your chest. You whipped your head over at him, and covered your mouth. Your eyes became blurred.

"Would you like to say that again?" you scowl.

You didn't have the effort nor the patience to consider that he was just angry and the words slipped out. You didn't even want to be rational. You were done.

"We've landed," Natasha muttered, desperately trying to change the subject.

Peter quickly ran towards the door and leaves, running into the building.

The rest of the Avengers remained behind, slightly interested in where this was going.

"I didn't mean," Tony stuttered.

"What? That I hold you guys up? That I'm another thing you're supposed to take care of?" you cried. "For once, Tony, I thought you and I could be friends. I guess not. I'm worthless, aren't I? You didn't have to keep me here, but you did! Are you just doing that so it hurts even more when I'm left without anyone ever again?"

Wanda butted in. "That's not true! (Y/N), calm down!"

You slid your purse off your shoulders, setting it on the ground next to your heels. Your red dress flutters in the wind while tiny wisps of hair fly around your face.

You stood ready.

So did Tony.

"Guys, stop it!" Cap commanded.

Instead, you ran.

Now, a person your age and skill level was no match against a man in an iron/technological advanced piece of equipment.

Yet you threw the full force of your body at the man in iron.

"I take it back!" 

"You can't take that back! You said that I'm worthless and I should have been given to HYDRA to be tortured and out of your problems. Well I'm sorry I have the SKH gene, but I can't help it!" you screamed at the top of your lungs. You were done with this crap.

You got ready to make another attack, but Wanda placed her hands on your shoulders and sent a calming jolt of power through you. You collapsed as Steve held back Tony.

Everything went black.

~~~~~~~~~~

You woke up with a throbbing headache.

3:30 AM.

You knew it was no use going back to bed, so you slid out of bed and grabbed some medicine and a glass of water for your headache. While walking over, you noticed a package and two notes on the table in the middle of the room. Suspicious, you walked over.

You opened up the first letter.

(Y/N),

I suppose you don't want anyone to know about what we found in the lab? I didn't really know what to do with it so I dropped off your bag and the flash drive and put it under the couch for secrecy. Nothing that Stark said was true, but you're smart enough to know that. I talked to Shuri last night and she told me to give you a package. Hope everything's OK.

~Spiderman 

You gave a sigh of relief knowing that none of the Avengers had found the HYDRA supplies. You grabbed the next note and the package.

My good friend (Y/N),

I've finished your suit! This is the best one by far I've ever made. Despite what the rest of the Avengers think about your efforts last night, you did very well. 

I have to make this note short and quick, but trust your instincts. Remember, you have the power, and the suit will follow you. The suit will automatically follow a command based off the electrical signal your brain gives off. It contains weaponry in the wrists and ankles, lights, and a basic force field.

Keep quiet about the suit. It contains elements that could start wars between Wakanda and the rest of the world.

Hope to see you soon,

Shuri, Princess of Wakanda

You quietly walked over to the package and carefully opened the box to find a navy jumpsuit. It was sleek and stretchy. Grinning, you quickly slid off your clothes, eager to try it on. It was snug, but when you jumped off the coffee table, your landing was practically silent. The only possible way was if it distributed your weight across the ground to muffle the sound. You walked over to the mirror, noticing some tiny flecks of light when you move. Confused, you walked over to take a closer look.

Etched in the suit were small threads of metal. Vibranium. You had heard Shuri talk about it, and it was possibly the strongest element out there. 

It covered your arms and legs and crawls up your neck. A holster, as well as pockets, lined the waist. 

You walked down to the gym.

HYDRA, ready or not, here you come.

I apologize for the shorter chapter! I've been so busy. The next chapter will have more action in it. Super excited! Remember to vote and comment if you liked this chapter!