Chapter 30

Can I just say how good it feels to be on Chapter 30? I'm feeling pretty accomplished. Thank you for reading this far, too. Now, onto the story!! 

Every. Single. Avenger. Was surrounding you. 

They weren't missing a single one.

They were taking down HYDRA agents like they were ants. They were winning easily. But were you worried? No. HYDRA agents are puny, anyway. 

You were about to show them who's boss. Especially Tony Stark.

A small spark hit your neck, but before you could even take off the widow bite, it sunk into your skin and turned to nothing. You smirked underneath the mask, but your eyes were filled with hatred. The Avengers destroyed you. You couldn't beat them, and you were punished for it. 

So even as they surrounded you with their weapons up, you didn't surrender. Instead, you ripped out your gun and loaded it, waiting for someone to make the first move. 

You were expecting Captain America to lead it, but no. They ran towards you together.

They all attacked you in hand to hand combat. You quickly dropped your gun so you could block every hand and every kick, but when you went to pick the gun back up it was gone. 

You growled. Bucky Barnes. 

It looked like you were going to have to spar your way out of this. Yes, you were good, but it wasn't like your sharpshooting skills. Still, having trained in sparring and ballet, you knew your stuff.

"Guys, she doesn't have a weapon!" Peter Parker yelled. You rolled your eyes, reaching for your knife, but you felt nothing. He must have swooped in while you were glaring at Bucky.

No room for mistakes, you reminded yourself. Just stay focused.

Getting your weapons back was a lost cause, so you ran towards the Guardians of the Galaxy, knocking them off their feet. Before Mantis could do any weird mind thing on you, you grabbed her hand and twisted her over. Groot was easy to take care of. He was a tree you could crack with one forceful push.

"STARK, you're up!" Captain yelled. 

Stark. As soon as you heard that name, you ran towards him, knocking or shoving people out of the way. The force would be enough to keep them occupied while you were busy with Stark. 

All of his ammo was out, facing you. But you knew it would do nothing, so you ran and kicked him in the chest. You landed on your hands, and you pushed yourself back up with easy. You punched Stark in the chest until the reactor cracked and the lights went dim. You smiled and tore off the suit's mask, ready to see the face of a dead Stark. 

However, when you opened it... there was nothing.

"You got your anger out of you?" Bucky asked, raising an eyebrow. It was one of Stark's robots, not actually him. But you had no time to flip out.

You rolled your neck. "Not quite," you said. You threw a punch, but he caught it with his metal arm, tossing you over his shoulder. You landed on your feet and kicked him behind the knee, making him collapse on the ground. When you went to straddle him, he rolled you over and put you in a headlock.

You fought and made him hurt, grinning when he grunted or seethed. But even you were no match to someone much larger than you. The adrenaline was pulsing through your veins and you had no intent to stop fighting, even if you couldn't shake him. 

"Guys... " Bucky panted. "I need backup NOW!" 

"I'm back up!" Peter Parker yelled, swinging down and landing in front of you. You kicked in the shin, causing him to collapse a little bit. He grabbed your leg while Natasha came up and grabbed your other one. Steve came up and grabbed your arm while Bucky took your other one. Wanda wrapped her glowing stuff around you, causing your veins to feel on fire. 

"Where's Stark?" Steve yelled. 

"I think Mr. Stark is making sure Shuri, Scott, Dr. Strange, Clint, and those people are okay," Peter said.

Natasha rolled her eyes. "Tony, I appreciate your teamwork, but everyone will be hurt or worse if you don't get your butt over here and help us."

Stark flew up and slid out of his suit. A spark lit in you and you broke Wanda's bonds and fought harder against the rest of the Avenger's hands on your limbs. 

"Now, Tony!" Natasha harshly yelled. 

Tony took a small, golden disk out of his pocket and pressed a small button on it, causing it to light up and beep. 

Your anger was replaced with fear, something you hadn't felt in a while. You didn't want to be hooked up to a device ever again. You masked any worry you had, though, and Tony placed the chip on your temple. 

Your muscles gave out and you went limp. The Avengers dropped you and stood back, occasionally taking out a HYDRA agent here and there. Your head seared and you clutched it, hoping that would take away some of the pain. It didn't.

All of a sudden, it seemed like a tidal waved crashed over you, and you became drenched in sweat. A rush of things filled your mind. Everything HYDRA took from you. 

From your parents to their death, from your parents' death to arriving at the Avengers HQ, to the party to HYDRA. And every single one of your missions. 

You bit your lip as things came back into focus. Steve was supporting your back, and you didn't tense up to fight him. You looked at everyone and then your bloody and scarred hands. 

"Guys..." you trembled. 

Everyone breathed a sigh of relief. 

Wanda walked up to you. "Are you--" 

You quickly interrupted her and ran behind her, shielding her from a sniper. Hundreds of bullets hit you. Wanda screamed and jumped back as one of them slit her leg, but you stayed put. You felt small pangs, but nothing hurt. Eventually, the guy must have ran out of ammo, so you took the opportunity to make sure he wouldn't be doing that again. 

"Wanda, are you okay..."

"You know, it's such a shame."

Your face paled. Fedor Bram.

"You were our best, even though you were worse than those two combined," he said, pointing to Natasha and Bucky. "But we could have continued to train you. If you kept going, you could make a real difference. I'm giving you an opportunity to come back."

You threw a punch, but he grabbed your wrist. The rest of the Avengers were fighting off HYDRA agents.

"Oh, soldier," he sighed, placing his hands behind him.

"It's (Y/N)," you corrected him, snarling. You reached for your weapon, but you forgot that they were taken from you during the fight.

"No," he said. "It's not."

If the Avengers could have helped, it was too late. Fedor Bram thrust a knife into your stomach. Maybe the Avengers thought your skill would protect you. But no. This was the knife that you couldn't resist.

You gave a brutal cry as you fell to your knees, clutching your stomach.

You tried to call for help, but the Avengers were to busy fighting off HYDRA agents to help you. You coughed and an iron taste filled your mouth.

When you fell on your back, Fedor was gone.