Chapter 13

"You know, (Y/N), I knew you wouldn't let me down as soon as I saw you at that party," Tony said as you walked down the hall with him. You and the Avengers were exhausted after the fights and decided to freshen up before lunch, and just as you were going to walk out, Tony, surprisingly, asked to escort you down. 

"Really?" you responded. "Sure didn't seem like it."

"I was like you when I was a kid. A little lost. A little scrawny. But I had the biggest brain."

"Did you just call me scrawny?" you asked, slightly offended. 

All he did was grin.

"Well I sure hope I turn out better than you."

This time it's his turn to be slightly offended.

"You know what, (Y/N), ---"

"WHO ATE MY POPTARTS?!" Thor yelled out, interrupting Tony. 

"Oops," you said, unapologetic. Everyone looked at you with wide eyes, which made you realize you just made a big mistake. 

"Why you little," Thor came flying at you, little sparks wrapping around his fingertips. You moved out of the way and he runs into the wall.

"Dude, chill. I ate half of the poptart," you said.

He glared at you but doesn't come at you again.

"What's for lunch?" you asked, trying to change the subject. 

"Peanut butter and jelly," everyone said at once. 

"Yay," you cheered, unenthusiastic. 

"What's wrong with PB&J?" Wanda asked.

"It's the only thing I could afford at my old home," you responded quietly.

"Do you want me to make you something else?" Steve asked.

"No, no. I can make myself something else."

You walked over to the fridge and pulled out an apple, and walked over to the living room and sat next to Nat on the white leather couch. 

"How are you doing?" Nat asked you. 

You shrugged, unable to answer.

"You fit in well here." 

"Really?" 

"Yeah. Though we are strong people, we all have our flaws. You may see us as great heroes, but really, we do this to try and mend ourselves."

"I could use some mending," you admitted as you looked down at the apple core. 

"Me, too."

You two sat in silence, just enjoying each other's presence. Everyone else came in with their PB&J and joined you and Nat in the living room.

"(Y/N), I would like to introduce you to someone," Tony started as everyone was seated. "Underoos!"

You heard a noise and looked off of the walkway that overlooks the living room. A string flew out and attached to the ceiling, and a red and blue blur flew in and flips, landing in the middle of the room.

"You two are all about big appearances, aren't you?" you inspected. Everyone shrugged, including Tony, agreeing.

"Hi, I'm Peter. Peter Parker," he introduced, ripping of his mask.

"Isn't it a bit bold to rip off your mask in front of a person you've never met before?" you questioned, staring into his brown eyes. 

Nat laughed. "This is (Y/N). (Y/N) (Y/L/N)," she answered for you.