~The New Me~

Darren's P.O.V.

Arriving back at the airport where I departed a month ago, it seemed to bring me in nostalgia as I remembered the great support my friends has for me when I told them that I will be chasing afyer the love of my life. At that time it felt like it was the best decision that I chose, it felt like I had won a lottery ten million times more or so. That time it felt so right, that time it felt as if what I did was the best possible thing I did...

I took out my phone and instantly I felt so indifferent, there were no messages from Jasmine. Whether a very worried looking one or an apologetic words saying that she missed the dinner date I prepared for my own birthday. I felt hurt, at first, on the plane I kept thinking about her about leaving her, about doing nothing and surrendering to the love we have...

Right now, I felt like I wasn't even hurt by it, I didn't know if I became numb, if I had gone crazy or what. I was just blankly staring at all the past messages we have until it lasted... I quickly erased all the messages Jasmine and I have before tapping Caesar's name and placed the phone on my ear. After 2 rings he finally picked up making me smile at how very reliable my friends are.

"Darren, hey, everything going alright there?" His voice seemed natural but the thing is he seemed very tired bored, the background was very quiet which means he's either in his room or in the throne room we have at school knowing that we have class.

"Yup, everything is going well"

"How was your birthday yesterday? Was it fun? Can you tell me the details?"

With his questions I felt a bit of pain, a somewhat tingly feeling came cruising in my heart. I felt bothered for a moment but quickly pushed all those thoughts aside... I am not in Paris now, I am back home...

"I'll tell you about it soon but I wanted to ask you if you are busy? Do you have anything else to do today?"

"Today? Nope, but we have classes, there were no problem at the company and no date for tonight" Well that was a surprise, he answered me casually, I never really thought that a day would come that he wouldn't have a date... well I'll be more surprised if it would be Connor.

"Then it's a perfect day for you to fetch me at the airport"

I was chuckling, having fun at the sudden silence that came from Caesar who probably didn't expect me to say those words. I never told them that I was going to head home, I also didn't tell anyone about what happened between me and Jasmine, I will lie and will not tell them the real reason why they I decided to come back home.

"You're joking, you're not here"

"Why don't you come and see for yourself, I think it would be good to bring Connor as well"

I wasn't able to come home even if I had parked my car here before leaving to Paris, I had called dad and informed him about my decision to head to Paris. He sent his driver to get my car thinking that I will inform them if ever I do come back home, but I think I would love to have some time for myself before heading home knowing that my parents are going to keep asking questions about what happened to Jasmine and I.

"You're really back?!" Caesar's voice got louder as each second pass by, I was laughing silently now with his surprised expression.

"I think by the time you come here I might be grey and old if you can't get out of that shock, come and get me here I want to go to school"

"I'll be there as quick as possible, just wait. If you take a single step from where you are standing now I promise I'm going to kill you" My friends can really be overdramatic so it wasn't that much surprising to me, I dropped the call and smiled as I just really stood to where I am standing on.