~The New Interest~

Darren's P.O.V.

"Why do you think the newly come back man suddenly returns back to his quiet side?"

Caesar and Connor had been trying to annoy me for the past few hours that we spent since we were here in my house, mom and dad had already welcomed us a while ago and had dinner here. They guys were very happy to tell my parents so many things, they even told them about how grumpy I was when I asked them to fetch me from the airport. It was a good thing that my parents didn't put much thought about it and gave us more time to be with each other, we are hangging out at the living room with the two playboys trying to make me talk non stop.

"I thought he will be very talkative when he comes back, seems like nothing had changed for Darren" Connor started walking around the living room, Dylan was just sitting on the couch as they looked at me as I admire them from the window we have at the living room.

"I don't talk much because I have no other things to say, simple as that"

I am still keepimg everything inside me, I still don't want to tell them what truly happened to me while I was in Paris. I just can't really bring myself to share the pain I felt there, I was afraid that I will brek down and cry, the facade I made to never feel down will slowly vanish if I share what I truly feel.

I didn't want to cry... I didn't want to remmeber the pain... I just wanted to forget everything as of now... But I am still missing her.

"Why don't you tell us what happened in Paris? You didn't tell us anything about Jasmine, how was she there?"

My heart stilled as Dylan opened up the topic about her once more, I really don't want to talk about her as I was worried that the walls I built will be shaken and will fall. But with my fears I still gathered my courage to look at everyone in the eye and lie...

"She's doing great, probably at work and is having a great time there"

"She's already a lawyer? How come you didn't tell us about that while you talked to us? We could've made a mini celebration" Dylan muttered, I felt so annoyed already at this talk but Caesar immediately cut the imaginary tension inside my head.

"Jasmine doesn't like things like that remember? Plus I think it was a great time for them to just bond with each other"

"But it would've been really fun to talk to Jasmine, did she have any plans to come back here? Maybe for a small vacation?" Connor added, now everyone was focused me as they questioned.

"Not sure, she's very busy"

"You all should try calling her, maybe she'll answer your calls"

My tone seemed to get very angry, I wasn't able to control my tone and just let that out, everyone suddenly turned to each other in worry and confusion but I just sighed and turned my back on them... they sure knew that something was going on now...

"Is there something wrong Darren? You've been very quiet since earlier, when you started talking you sounded so angry and all" Connor asked, even if my back is turned to them I knew that they ate already sharing one mindset.

I didn't want to talk about this for now, I just wanted to clear my head, I just want to forget everything... I left Paris in order to forget about her but now my friends are doing this? I tried so hard not to remember her and yet fate keeps pushing my friends to ask me what was happening to me.

"Who wants to have a night out right now?"

My attention turned back to my friends who all looked surprised at my sudden words, I can't seem to feel at home even when I came back, I can't seem to find my sleep even if I already feel so tired and jet lagged. Somehow I felt so weak, I felt like I wanted to collapse but my body was still very strong to do so.