Chapter 12: Family

Vienna's POV

It's been almost an hour since I have landed in Canada, Calgary.

And there's not been a second where I have not thought about him...about his reaction when he'll find me gone. I wonder if he'll just give up and stop looking for me...if he'll let me go this easily.

But whom am I kidding I already know the answers to all my questions. He must be really mad at me right now and also I know he'll never let me go.

But I'll try my best to stay away from him and I also have something in mind that'll drive him away from me for forever.

"Ma'am we are here" I snapped out of my thoughts hearing the cab driver's voice calling me out as I looked out of the window to see the house I spent my entire childhood in, still giving the same comfortable and homely feeling.

Moving my gaze away from the beautiful and familiar house, I paid the cab driver and got out taking my small bag with me as I made my way towards my family's house...I wonder if anyone's even home and if they are what will their reaction be after seeing me after so long.

Of course they'll be happy, that I'm sure about but they'll also ask the reason of my sudden and unannounced visit.

What'll I say to them?

And what if they ask about Ryan and if I found something about him.

Yeah what'll you say than. That you didn't just found something that could lead you to Ryan but you found Ryan himself...or rather shall I say that he found you and also he's not willing to let you go and now you are running away from him because he's a damn mafia and that alone scares the shit out of you, my subconscious mocked me.

As I shook my head to clear off his thoughts just for a while if possible, before pressing the door bell.

I bit my lower lip in nervousness as I stood in front my house on the porch waiting for someone to open the door and I didn't have to wait for too long as the door was soon opened by my younger brother, Alex.

My lips instantly curved up in a smile as I saw the surprise and happiness on his face.

"Vienna" He said as I pulled him into a tight hug.

God. It's just now that I realize that how much I missed my family.

"Mom. Look who's here" He called out for mom all excited.

"Why are you shouting Alex" Mom said walking towards us and she had the same expression as Alex when she saw me.

"Vienna..." She trailed off pulling me into a hug.

"Mom. I missed you guys so much" I said in a cracked voice.

And someone has said it right about the warmth and safety that you feel in your parents arms because that's all I'm feeling right now.

"Vienna is everything alright. You didn't even inform us about your visit" Mom asked concerned as we all sat in the living room.

And for a second I thought about it again that if I really want to hide whatever happened with me...about him.

And once again I came up with the same decision that they don't need to know anything. I don't want to worry them with my problems.

"Everything's fine mom. I just wanted to surprise you all" I replied with a smile.

"Where's Sophia" I asked trying to change the subject by asking about my younger sister, who is seventeen years old whereas Alex is fifteen years old.

"She went out with her friends...she'll be back in a few minutes" Mom replied.

"There she is" She added as I looked behind and was instantly attacked by a bone crushing hug.

"Vienna it's really you. I thought you forgot that you have a family too" She said pulling away.

"I missed you too little sister" I replied and suddenly felt guilty for abandoning them.

After Ryan left me I just met my family once and after that it was like I cut all my ties with everyone...I choose to maintain a distance with everyone...even my family except Nancy.

"So did you find him" Sophia asked after a while as we were sitting and chatting and mom was in the kitchen bringing us something to drink.

Ryan was always everyone's favourite in my family, he really got along with the three of them in a short span of time and I knew one of them would definitely ask about him.

Sophia's question made my mouth shut and had me thinking deeply for a moment before I finally spoke.

"No" I replied shortly as mom came back with some tea.

"Ryan was a really nice guy and probably he was the best for you but now he's gone...where? None of us knows. So it's better if you just move on. After all you deserve to be happy too" Mom said as I just nodded my head at her with a forced smile.

Only if you guys knew what he does...who he is now and how 'nice' he really is you wouldn't ask about him again.

But I guess I won't be able to hide about him for too long because I know for sure that he'll come here looking for me soon and that is why I need to execute my plan real soon.

"Mom you have Nancy's number right" I asked as my mom nodded sipping her tea and I asked for her phone so I can call Nancy.

I walked out of the house for some privacy as I dialed Nancy number.

"Hey Nancy it's me. Vienna" I said as she received the call on the second ring.

"Oh my god. Vienna where the fuck are you. Do you even have the slightest idea how worried Jason and I have been..." She started blabbering as I interrupted her.

"Nancy there's no need to worry now. I'm fine and I'll tell you everything afterwards, first listen to me I need your help. Can you and Jason came here I mean in Calgary" I asked hoping that she won't ask any further questions because it'll be really hard to explain everything over a phone call.

"So you are at your mom's place..." She paused for a second.

"I'm so sorry for not informing your family that you have been missing I just didn't wanted to worry them and trust Jason and I tried really hard to find you and I also wanted to file your missing complaint but Jason said the guys that took you looked really dangerous and we didn't wanted them to harm you in any way by going to the police" She continued, her voice cracking by the end and I knew she'll be crying any minute now.

"It's okay. In fact you did right by not informing my family. Now just please come here as soon as possible" I replied glancing behind myself every once in a while to check if there's anyone who's eavesdropping to our conversation.

"Okay we'll be there tomorrow morning" She said and I ended the call after saying goodbye.

I just hope they come here...before Ryan does.

••••

Hey guys,

So what do you think is cooking inside Vienna's head?

Anyways,

Please vote, comment and share.

Until next time.

Love,

Crystal ❤️