Chapter 32: The bad guy

Vienna's POV

The rest of the day went by in a blur as I just slumbered into the warm, cozy bed, not wanting to get out of it ever and that's pretty much what I did the entire day...I didn't even step out of the room even when Scarlett came, literally yelling and banging on the door asking me to join them for lunch but I just denied saying I wasn't feeling hungry but the actual reason for locking myself up in this room was different all along.

I didn't want to run into Ryan by any chance.

And also I haven't seen him since the conversation or argument or whatever you might like to call it, we had this morning.

I really don't know what to do or say to him anymore.

I mean did he really mean what he said earlier?

Or was he just too mad at me and said things he really didn't mean.

But if he did mean what he said then...I'm in some great trouble. If he is really planning to get married to me then I need to do something real soon...I mean I can't just sit here while he's out there planning our wedding.

I need to come up with some idea soon...before things get out of hand because I'm certain about one thing that if Ryan has made up his mind to do something then he won't stop until it's done.

He's always been that way...I know him.

Shaking all the thoughts away for a moment I decided to finally go downstairs as my tummy started to grumble which is an indicator that I'm starving and I really can't come up with some idea with an empty stomach now can I?

As I walked downstairs still lost in my own world, I heard a familiar voice calling out for me which snapped me back to reality.

"Vienna, good you are here...I was just about to call you" Grace said with her usual warm smile spread out across her face.

I didn't know she was back.

Well how can you know that when you had kept yourself locked up in your room whole day, my subconscious said rolling her eyes.

"Grace, when did you came back" I said passing the same smile to her as I reached them and found myself a seat beside Samantha on the couch.

"Just a few hours ago and I was so excited and eager to talk to you but the girls told me that you probably weren't feeling well so I sort of had to control my happiness and wait for you to come downstairs yourself" Grace replied as the three Knight sister looked at me grinning widely.

"Well I don't understand Grace" I said letting out a confused and kind of nervous chuckle because whatever it is about their 'all smily faces' I can tell that it's not good for me.

"Oh come on, now don't pretend. Just show us your ring" Samantha said grabbing my left hand.

"I'm sure it's super expensive and super pretty...I mean it's Ryan we are talking about here and he'll want nothing but only the best for you" Scarlett blabbered as all of their eyes went down to my hand as I just frowned but somehow deep down I knew what was going on.

"Well that's true but only there's no ring on her finger" Samantha said looking up at me with questioning eyes.

"Didn't he propose" Charlotte asked genuinely surprised.

"What..." I asked only to be interrupted by the voice of the person I have been avoiding the whole day.

"I did but I thought that we could choose the ring together hence no ring for now" Ryan said reaching us and standing behind the couch I was sitting on, placing his hands on my shoulders before giving them a little squeeze.