They're scared • All

L

L didn't seem like the type to be scared easily, and for the most part he was. But if there was one thing he was terrified of, it was noises in the night. Being the worlds greatest detective means you have a lot of criminals after you, and he often tends to think one has finally caught up with him when it's dark and something makes a noise.

So when you were both trying to sleep and there was a sudden crash outside he jumped up.

He wasn't having much luck sleeping anyway, but upon hearing the bang he instantly sat up and looked around the dark room. Everything was in place so it must have been outside.

"Ok... it's- it's probably just the wind..." he mumbled to himself, lying back down.

Almost the second his head hit the pillow the bang was heard again, this time at the window.

He jolted up and instantly tried to wake you up.

"(Y/n), (y/n)!"

"Hmm? What's is it?" You tiredly replied.

He never usually did this, so this was out of the ordinary to say the least.

"There's something outside..."

You sat up, running your eyes and letting your bison clear. You heard another bang, making L jump and move closer to you.

"It's probably a cat..." you yawned, getting out of bed and walking over to the window.

L held the blanket up closer to his eyes, scared to see what would be at the window when you pulled the curtains back. You pulled them back and what do you know, a cat sat in the windowsill. It pawed at the glass wanting to get inside out of the snow.

"See?" You said, opening the window and letting the cat wander in to sleep under the heater for the night.

You closed the window and curtains again and got back into bed.

"You're such a scaredy-cat" you giggled.

"What if someone was trying to break in though!" He replied.

"With the amount of security you have here I doubt very much that would happen"

You lay back down and pulled him into your arms, he gladly accepted the hug and snuggled up to you, letting the fear slowly fade away.

"No scary cats will get you honey..."

Near

Near cannot handle spiders. He hates them with the passion. After being bitten by one when he was little he was scarred for life with fear of them. So every time he sees a spider, you're the one that has to deal with it.

"(Y/N)!"

"What is it?"

"THERES A SPIDER! GET IT OUT OF HERE!"

You sighed and walked into the room, finding Near standing at the doorframe far away from the spider on the wall. You were going to just take it and put it outside... then you saw it was a red back. A poisonous little shit.

You noped out of there pretty quick.

"What are you doing? Get it!" Near whined.

"It's a red back! I'm not touching it! You replied.

"A RED BACK?!"

Oops, probably shouldn't have said that. Now he's gonna he even more freaked out.

"Calm down! Just... uh... let me get the bug spray..."

Usually you'd let the spider live. But one that can kill you? Nope. Not today Satan. You left and came back with a can of bug spray you pretty much emptied into the room. All you had to do now was wait for that sucker to die so you can get rid of it without it biting you.