CHAPTER 40: I'LL COME BACK

[MEANWHILE AT JUNGKOOK]

"Hello?" He didn't check the ID caller as he picked up.

"I think you need to go home now," Yoongi's voice sounded very worrisome for a calm person. Immediately, he put the phone on speaker because he was packing their bags, "why?"

"We may have found the culprit to our problems." Yoongi told him.

His neck started popping out veins, wrath filling his voice, "who?"

Taehyung then came up to the room and stood by the doorframe, "what's wrong, Jungkook?"

Startled, he unexpectedly shouted, "it's nothing! Get the fuck out!" His hand smashed the table and pointed to the door.

Disheartened, the younger hung his head low and walked away.

Jungkook realised that he shouted at Taehyung ,"h-hey! I'm sorry! Come back!" He was about to follow him but Yoongi suddenly interrupted, "shit I need to go! My battery's depleting." Then he hung up.

He chased after the boy, soon he found him on the beach, sitting down while hugging his knees whilst staring out the horizon.

Jungkook ran up to him, he arrived at his spot and cleared his throat, "hey, Tae."

The said man faced him with a blank look.

"I'm so sorry I shouted at you." guiltily he apologised.

"Please respond," his voice was desperate and longing.

Taehyung gave him a small weak smile, "should it even matter? You simply just told me to fuck off."

"Yeah but I'm so—" Taehyung stood up and shook the sand off his pants, "it's fine, Jungkook. I understood that I was rude to barge in just like that while you were talking."

An hour or two passed and they were on the road, bitter silence engulfing their ride. You could only hear the engine and a couple of sighs from Taehyung.

[MEANWHILE AT TAEHYUNG]

Yes, it's awkward.

Yes, it's very uncomfortable.

And yes, it was unsettling.

All those words are what defines their silence at the moment, after being so sweet, then this comes. He stared out on the road, not even batting an eye to the older.

It seems like he can't find the right words to say for all of this.

Although this was the first time Jungkook shouted at him and it was not pleasant. It may seem dramatic but to put it in words, it kinda disheartened him a little bit.

Finally picking up the words to say, he faced the older and first broke the silence, "hey Jungkook."

He heard a hum of approval emit from him.

"Sorry I didn't talk to you the whole time. Besides, I forgive you." He leaned his head on the car window.

He felt a hand hold his and Jungkook's lips curled up in a small smile, "I understood."

"It's pretty petty of me isn't it?" He chuckled then he laughed afterwards.

Jungkook then laughed along with him, finally returning the joyful atmosphere.

The said man ruffled his hair, "I seriously don't like it if we're like this, Tae."

"I know right? Like man it's unsettling." The older shook his head and laughed.