CHAPTER 55: CAN'T GET OVER YOU

[MEANWHILE AT TAEHYUNG]

One Wednesday afternoon, he was all alone at home. Unfortunately for him, Jin had to go to work; a lot of patients are in need.

"I'm so bored," he has his arms and legs sprawled across the bed as he stared at the ceiling above his guest bedroom.

He laid on his stomach and raised his legs. Jin was a great company to him so far, especially yesterday, he was a real gentleman. Taehyung grinned at the thought, his cheeks heating up as he thought of the broad shouldered man.

"I wonder when you're coming home, Jin?" He asked himself.

[MEANWHILE AT JUNGKOOK]

His eyes were swollen of crying as he stared at the mirror, with his dark disheveled hair sticking out in different directions.

Jungkook heard a knock placed on his door, without leaving his spot, he responded dryly,"come in."

Hoseok came in with food and beverage. He put on a pretentious smile, trying his best to at least be strong for him.

"Time to eat, Jungkook. You didn't eat anything yesterday," he still didn't respond, and he looked back on his messed up reflection.

"You need to eat, Jungkook. Otherwise——"

"I want Taehyung back," he gritted. He attempted to make himself feel better by talking to the ashes but it still didn't feel as good as his physical presence.

He couldn't bear not being replied.

He couldn't bear not pulling him to his embrace and kiss.

He couldn't bear not hearing his sweet deep voice.

And lastly, he couldn't bear not spending time with him.

"But—-" he was interrupted by a thunderous slam on the table.

"I SAID I WANT HIM BACK!" He shouted and broke the mirror in front of him.

The mirror's shard scattered everywhere on the floor. Carelessly, he knelt down and broke down the dam that he tried to build to stop himself from crying.

He didn't feel the pain of the glass shards slicing through his knees, he looked down at the tears and blood staining the floor and shards.

"Jungkook!" Hoseok places the food on the table and grabbed the crying man to pick him up.

Sluggishly, he complied. Hoseok draped Jungkook's arm around his shoulders and assisted him going to his bed. He laid him down afterwards.

His knees were bleeding profusely and he couldn't walk properly. Jungkook's lifeless eyes stared at the compassionate man before him, he croaked, "it didn't even hurt."

"I'll call your doctor, it's bleeding really bad," he couldn't think straight and this is what his mind told him to do. His hand frantically searched for his phone, as he got a grip of the device, he called. Luckily Jin picked up pretty quick.

"Hello? Jin?" His voice was alarming.

"Why? What happened to Jungkook?!" He sensed the urgency in Hoseok's voice.

Assuming he can't tell him about this matter because it's too personal, he had to make up something that's good of an excuse.

"Uh, you see, I accidentally the mirror broke yesterday, and he didn't know that. So, being careless, he slipped, unfortunately he landed there," he waited for the doctor's response.

"I don't think he's that careless, I know him," suspicion aroused in Jin's intonation.

"Well, sometimes we can be careless at one point of our lives," he laughed nervously.