Chapter 31- You Need to Forgive

Lily's POV
When the doctors told us that we were able to see Ben I was ecstatic. I knew something was wrong the minute I heard the gun go off. To say that nothing went according to plan is an understatement. Nobody was supposed to get hurt, and instead we have one dead and two severely injured.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" Mike asks with a smile on his face, Ben shrugs. "Like hell. How are Emma and the baby?" We all put our heads down. Tears start to form in my eyes.

"She um... her injuries were really bad-"

"Injuries? What are you talking about?" He questions nervously, Charlotte sighs and starts crying. "The plan went wrong dude. Emma got shot-"

"What?! Is she okay? What about the baby?"

"The baby is okay. Apparently Emma told Logan's mother to call the cops and she did. They came shortly after Emma stabbed Logan." Stacey said proudly, I chuckled a little. "So is he dead?"

"Logan is dead-"

"And Emma?"

"She got shot in a really bad place. It's not looking too good. She just got out of surgery. The doctors said she could be okay, but they have to watch to make sure she doesn't have a seizure or get a blood clot. I'm sorry Ben." Mike said with a sigh, tears start falling down my face. Ben looked like a bus hit him, it was so sad.

He truly loves her, which is why it makes me sick that Sam is basically cool as a cucumber when he actually dated her. I don't understand why he's acting like this. It's not like he saw her get shot, I did.

"I need to see her-"

"No, you need to rest. You cannot risk an infection from popped stitches. Besides, we can't visit her yet. The doctors said if everything goes well, then we can see her in a couple of days. I'm going to go get something from the cafeteria. Do you guys want anything?" I question, they all shake their heads.

I'm not going to the cafeteria. I'm going to go check on Nicholas.

When I got to the baby unit, I saw my mom and immediately smiled. l knew she'd give me an update. "How is he doing?" She gave me a smile.

"He's doing very well surprisingly. He's not sick which is a good sign, and he's able to breathe on his own which is amazing. If all goes well he could be home in a couple of days."

"Mom, What are we going to do if Emma doesn't make it? She's the only family he has left, if she dies then he's all alone." My mom shakes her head and gives me a reassuring look. "I'm not going to let anything bad happen to him. Emma is going to be okay, and god forbid something happens, I will gladly take him in despite whatever your father has to say. Anyways, I have to get back to work, I'll see you at home."

As she walked away, I turned to look at Nicholas through the window. "I thought I'd find you here." I jumped at the sound of Sam's voice, yet I still couldn't take my eyes off Nicholas.

"Yeah. I needed to make sure he's okay. This is all my fault, I should have never told Ben to go in after her. That should have never been part of the plan-"

"Ben was going to do it regardless, he really loves her. I don't know what went wrong, but I have a feeling it has something to do with my sister's timing." I nodded in agreement. "It did, I saw the whole thing. Kat and Logan were fighting for the gun and it somehow got pointed at the baby, so Emma moved in front of him as the gun went off. I just feel like we could have done something to avoid this."

"There was nothing we could do. She was going to protect him no matter what, that was the promise she made. We couldn't have predicted that Logan was a psycho who was in love with her. Luckily he's dead, and my sister is behind bars for conspiracy to murder and kidnap. Everything is going to be okay." He gave me a hug, I just sighed.