𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘰𝘯𝘦

chapter one
' i think i'm losing my mind '

       "LOOKS LIKE TONY STARK'S DONE IT AGAIN, RIGHT WILLIAMS?" The sounds of the morning news finally woke me up

"LOOKS LIKE TONY STARK'S DONE IT AGAIN, RIGHT WILLIAMS?" The sounds of the morning news finally woke me up. Tony Stark? That's not a line from a Marvel movie, is it?

"Dad! Are you watching a movie without me?!" I yelled, sitting up. I glanced at my alarm clock with annoyance. 8:00.

"No!" He hollered back. "Just the news!"

I ran down our wooden stairs. "The news? Did Mallory Hammond just say Tony Stark?"

When I entered the kitchen, my dad was sitting at our island with a cup of coffee. "Yeah. He's the billionaire, right?"

"He's Iron Man! Don't you remember?"

"Yeah, how could I forget? He's kind of arrogant if you ask me-he announced it in a press conference. But then, he did save the world, so..."

"Dad, we've talked about this! He's a hero! Don't you remember our conversation about Age of Ultron? But wow, this is a weird way to promote Avengers: Endgame." Marvel had some awesome promotional strategies, but using the news platforms was one that hadn't been done before.

"Age of Ultron? Endgame? Marvel? What are you talking about?"

"The Marvel movies? We've watched them together so many times!"

My dad's eyebrows furrowed. "I don't think I remember..."

"Are you okay?" I walked toward him and pressed the back of my hand to his forehead. It felt normal. "Here, let me look them up, I'm sure you'll remember."

I typed rapidly on my phone. "See, here they-" I trailed off.

The only options that came up after my search for 'marvel movies' were a romcom called Marvelous Me and a kid's movie called The Marvelous Mr. Quick. My jaw dropped and I struggled with what to say. "What...what...there isn't...there's no...what?!"

"Madi?" My dad asked, putting a hand on my shoulder.

I forced a smile, "Yeah, I'm fine. Just confused, sorry." What the heck is happening?

Ⓐ Ⓐ Ⓐ

"Does anyone remember the Marvel movies?!" I typed hastily. If anyone would remember, it would be my fandom-crazy friends. The 'Random Fandom' groupchat had to remember Tony Stark, and Peter Parker, and the Avengers.

Sam's response was quick. "You mean that cringey kids' series?"

"No, I meant the ones with Robert Downey Jr."