𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺-𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘦

chapter twenty-nine
' rebellion. '

           "WHERE'VE YOU TWO BEEN?" Daisy had a smile on her face, but her arms were crossed tightly as she followed Lincoln and I into my quarters

"We went to eat pizza." I tried to sound confident. After all, it wasn't a lie. "We would've invited you, but I didn't want to take you away from here. Not when your training is going so well."

"How nice of you. Must've been some pizza-you two were gone for hours."

Lincoln and I exchanged a look a guilty look. According to Gordon, Daisy had been waiting on our return for awhile.

"I'm sorry we kept you waiting, we went to New York."

"Yeah, I know." She refused to look me in the eye. "Sounds like a nice date."

"She brought me to meet her family." Lincoln commented unhelpfully.

"Dude!" I mouthed.

"Wow." Daisy turned to leave, when Lincoln elbowed me. He spoke out of the corner of his mouth. "Family."

I caught on, and grabbed my friends arm before she walked out. "We went to see my family, Skye."

"Yeah, he already said that." She stopped to let me talk, but tapped her foot impatiently. "I'm not stupid, are you going to tell me the truth or not?"

"Well, we saw my dad and my idiot brothers. They even had some of my friends over." I typed rapidly in my phone's notes and held up the screen for her to read. We saw Tony. Ears everywhere.

"Oh," her eyes softened. "I hope they're doing okay."

"They're great, actually, they were the ones who helped us. We needed some advice." Lincoln trusts me. He trusts us.

She nodded, catching on. "Your dad is always the smartest one in the room."

"Ah, that's debatable." I laughed genuinely, half in relief that she and I were on good terms.

"I dunno, Madi, he was pretty impressive." Lincoln piped up with a grin.

Daisy shook her head. "Poor Lincoln, he thinks flattery will get him on the Smartest-Man-Alive's good side."