𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦

chapter three
' never meet your idols-unless one
of them is robert downey jr'

chapter three' never meet your idols-unless one of them is robert downey jr'

      "THIS WAS A REALLY BAD IDEA." I stated flatly.

    At the moment, Jacob and I were sitting on his suitcase on the pavement outside of L.A.X. "Why would you say that?" He asked. Unlike me, he seemed awake and...overly smiley for some reason.

       "We flew to LA to talk to Robert Downey Jr. without stopping to consider that we don't even know where to find him. It's almost eight pm and we have no hotel reservations, no food, no money, and no car. I'd say this qualifies as a bad idea," I sighed.

      "At least I have one of those things." Jacob commented cheerfully.

"And which one is that?"

      "Money."

   "Ah, I forgot you're the popular rich boy."

  "How about you just direct-message RDJ?" Jacob asked, rolling his eyes.

      "Things can't get any worse."

'Hey Mr. RDJ , I don't even know if you'll even see this, but I flew from Colorado to LA to tell you that I remember that you were Iron Man and we can save the world.' After I hit send, I slowly started to regret it.

      "This is so stupid! He's going to think I'm a weirdo," I groaned, dropping my head in my hands. "I finally get a chance to be within 50 miles of Robert Downey Jr. and he'll think I'm a psycho!"

    "I don't think that he thinks you're a psycho, Madi. Although I think he'd laugh at the fact that you called him 'Mr. RDJ'."

"How do you know that? But anyway, he probably won't see-" I was interrupted when my phone went 'ding!'.

    I grabbed Jacob's arm and shoved my phone in his face with unintentional aggression. "Look." 'ROBERT DOWNEY JR. JUST SENT YOU A DIRECT MESSAGE!'

      "Wow, that's insane! He's a fast responder."

I couldn't help myself and blurted, "I'm not crying, you are!"

     "I'm sorry?"

"Nothing. Um, lemme read what he said."

     "Are you...shaking?"

"No..."

  "@madistarkparker, i apologize if I sound too much like an over-eager serial-killer, but something about you makes me want to trust you with my address; 26848 Pacific Coast Hwy, Los Angeles, CA. Please don't leak it, I really like this house and I don't want to have to move again. You can just call an Uber and I'll pay for it when you get here. And there's no need to call me Mr. RDJ-it makes me feel old. You can call me Robert. Well, see you in an hour, we have a lot to talk about."