𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘦𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵

chapter eight
' did i mention that this was a bad idea? '

    "DO YOU KNOW WHO'S GOING TO WIN THE WORLD SERIES?" Rhodey asked me as we flew out to Malibu on Tony Stark's jet

     I laughed as I whispered back, "Sorry, Colonel Rhodes, I can't see the future-I only know what was in the Marvel movies and tv shows."

      "Tony told me you two could see the future!"

"Sorry, I can't."

        "Tony!"

   The billionaire, playboy, philanthropist shrugged innocently. "Oops? Oh, by the way, we'll be at my house in about an hour."

     After a week in New York, Avengers and the MCU cast had agreed to go their separate ways with promises to keep in touch if anyone ever needed anything, with occasional group face times. It had also been decided that Jacob and I could go to California with Mr. Stark, Rhodey, Pepper, and Happy. We even told our parents that we had been accepted into an exclusive Stark internship that including world traveling. I didn't see how my father believed that since I knew nothing about physics or engineering and had been planning to pursue a career in journalism, but oh well.

      "I love you, Squirt."  he had said. "Take care of yourself-Tony Stark is a very complicated man, and you'll probably have to be the mature one in certain situations."

    Poor Dad had no idea.

"What are we going to do?" I whispered to Jacob. He looked up from the game he was playing on his phone.

"What do you mean?"

"Obviously the Iron Man 3 era is happening prematurely, so what are we going to do about it?" I wish I had thought to ask Robert. I guess I'll just have to text him later.

     "Can we actually do anything?" He turned off his phone and spoke quietly. "We can't exactly tell him what to do-that would completely ruin the story."

      "Exactly! But how can we let the Mandarin bomb his house, or almost kill Happy?" I whisper yelled.

      "Think of Harley. If that hadn't happened, he wouldn't have met Harley. And Happy will be fine?."

       "But after he meets Harley, he lands in Tennessee and has a panic attack in the snow! And Harley even gets kidnapped! Plus, almost dying does not make someone 'fine', Jacob Kennedy."

        He sighed. "We'll figure it out. At least it's summer?"

        "We better figure it out. And no, summer isn't better because now he'll probably die of heat stroke!"