𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘦

chapter nine
' assassination attempt in a honda civic '

    "DO YOU EVEN KNOW THE SPECIFIC ADDRESS OF WHERE WE'RE GOING?" Jacob asked, one hand on the steering wheel

   "Does reading about it on Wiki count?" I bit off the head of a red gummy bear. Jacob and I had just stopped for snacks at a gas station. "I think they filmed outside of the Vizcaya Museum & Gardens, so maybe that's where Killian's Mansion is."

    Jacob reached into the bag of Takis in the cup holder between us. "But if it's a private residence, it can't be on Google Maps. And I still don't understand how we're going to find Tony Stark in such a big city."

     "In case you hadn't noticed, I'm winging it. Oh, have you heard from Pepper yet? She said that she'd let us know when she talks to Rhodey about the threat on President Ellis' life and the nonexistence of the Mandarin. I also hope that she's taken precautions against being kidnapped by Killian."

        "I'm sure she'll be fine-we'll talk to her later. Right now, we need to focus on driving around Miami, Florida at midnight." He let out a yawn and stretched briefly before grabbing the steering wheel again.

I glanced over at him. "Do you want me to take over?"

"Nah, I'm good. So, tell me what we're up against-I don't remember much about Iron Man 3."

    "Aldrich Killian made the concept of the Mandarin up, so we won't have to face that. But Killian has been using Maya Hansen's Extremis research to heal himself and a large group of war veterans. If we hadn't told Rhodey about it, he would've flown into a trap. In the movies, Pepper gets kidnapped and injected with a perfected version of the serum, which saves her from certain death."

       "That's...that's crazy." Jacob said finally. "So how are we going to stop it? Killian might end up kidnapping Pepper anyway, and-"

          He was cut off by a loud crash when a black  SUV with tinted windows collided with the side of our Honda Civic Happy had purchased half an hour ago with Mr. Stark's credit card for us to use during our time in Miami.

    "Crap!" Jacob stepped on the brakes forcefully. "Happy's gonna kill us!"

    "If we don't die first!" I tried not to scream as we flew into the left lane, hitting a Dodge Ram.

Our car flew into a red Ford and we watched helplessly as the black SUV that had started it all drove away.

    "That's not even the worst part," I groaned as the airbags deployed. "This was obviously intentional, and now we can't get to Tony."

        "Hey, at least we didn't die!"

       "Yeah, but we almost did!"