𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘭𝘷𝘦

chapter twelve
' awk-ward! ' 

        "I'VE GOT MY MONEY ON MADI," I heard Rhodey say from the sidelines

"Honestly? So do I." Tony agreed.

"Thanks, guys!" Jacob called from in front of me.

        I rolled my eyes as I dodged his jab. "Can you guys shut up, please? We're trying to concentrate here!"

  This morning, I had challenged Jacob to a fight. The team was more excited about it than even I was, and a lot of people had bet money on it. More specifically, a lot of people bet money on me.

      The next time Jacob threw a punch, I caught it, twisted his wrist, and threw myself into the air. Once my ankles and latched around his neck, I flipped him over and onto the ground.

"I taught her that," Nat grinned as Jacob pat my arm desperately.

"You win," he said, out of breath.

    I had trained in gymnastics until about a two years ago and Nat was able to teach me stuff that Jacob couldn't even dream of doing. It showed.

"Ow!" He groaned, rubbing his neck and rotating his wrist. "That hurt, Madi."

    "Oops." I said, not feeling too sorry. I extended a hand to help him and instead of standing, he grabbed my wrist and threw me over his head and onto the mat. He stood up and bounced on the balls of his feet. "Let's go again."

      Steve sent Nat a pointed look. "Looks like he could win now,"

    Don't lie to yourself, Rogers. I rolled to my feet and met Jacob's gaze head on. "If you say so, but it'll look worse when you lose this time."

     He deflected my hit with his arm and then ducked out of the way of my next. "How do you know I wasn't letting you win?"

    "Oh, sweetie, I could tell you weren't." I grunted when he grabbed my punch and tried to throw me over him.

I did an aerial onto the mat and Clint whistled. "Dang, Nat, you should be proud."

     Jacob still had a grip on my arm and he pulled me toward him. I ducked under his arm, grabbed his leg, and successfully flipped him onto the ground. "Give up yet?" I panted, watching as he stood up again.

      "Nope." He thrust another punch and I dodged it. When he caught my wrist, I attempted to elbow him in the face and he caught that, too.

       "Your bark is bigger than your bite." I knock his feet out from under him with a swift kick and pinned him down, leaning down to smirk at him. "Too much talking. I win."