𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺-𝘴𝘪𝘹

chapter twenty-six
' breakdown. '

           "WHAT HAPPENED?" I adjusted my position in my hospital bed

"WHAT HAPPENED?" I adjusted my position in my hospital bed. "We stopped Ultron, right? How many civilians did we save? Oh gosh, what about Rhett's mother?"

       Jacob reached out to put a hand on my shoulder. "Slow down, Madi."

    He took an irritatingly long sip of his coffee before beginning to explain. "About the time you passed out, Wanda found you guys and took you back to the tower-"

     "Crap, did I pull three of Avengers out of the battle?" I covered my face with my hands.

      "No. Actually," Jacob began, gently prying my hands from off of my face, "We found a civilian doctor, and those two scientists, Fitz-Simmons? They assisted with the treatment while Bruce was out being the Hulk. They convinced Tony and Bucky to go back out and help. I think the main thing that motivated them was the fact that you'd kick their butts if you found out that they stayed behind."

    I laughed before cringing at the pain in my side. "I would not kick their butts!"

     "Sure. Anyways, about Rhett's mother...Tony checked on her after Wanda took you back to the tower. FRIDAY determined that it was too late, she was probably hit by debris and she was gone before you even got there. There's nothing anyone could have done."

     Tony could've decided not to build Ultron. I felt immediately guilty after that rather malicious thought, and Jacob seemed to notice. However, he misinterpreted the reason for it. "There's nothing you could have done."

      "I know."

    "About Ultron...after Thor and Vision disappeared, they took him to the middle of nowhere...Bear Mountain, maybe? Either way, he's gone. And we were able to stop the flow of his androids. There's no saying how many civilians we saved, but I know it was a lot."

        "That's good to hear. But where's Tony? When I woke up, you said that he hadn't come back yet."

  "Oh, is that what freaked you out? Sorry, he just went out to talk with your other team. They were pretty freaked out, especially Trip."

        "I'm sorry I worried everyone. But what if something happened to them?"

    "The food has arrived!" Tony announced, walking into the room with Chinese takeout bags in each hand. He faltered for a minute when he realized that I was sitting up. "Hey...I'm glad you're awake, Kid."