𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯

chapter thirteen
' do it, tony. for her. '

"PEGGY CARTER IS YOUR GODMOTHER, RIGHT?" I asked Tony suddenly

    All the other Avengers were spread out around the continent (except for Thor, who was still on Asgard), Jacob had decided to go visit his family one more time before Thanksgiving, and Pepper was in Malibu, so Tony and I had the Tower to ourselves.

         Tony nearly choked on his wine. "How did you know that?"

  "Fanfiction?" I asked quietly.

          "Fan what?"

      I am not explaining Fanfiction to Tony Stark! "Never mind-it might've been in one of the movies. Anyway, when was the last time you visited her?"

            "...Never?"

            I gasped loudly. "Anthony Edward Stark!"

        "I kind of shut her out after my parents died."

    I considered saying "Speaking of your parents death-they were murdered by a brainwashed Bucky Barnes!", but wisely decided to just give his hand a supportive squeeze. 

           He stared guiltily at his lap as he continued. "I didn't want to face her, especially after I'd turned out so bad."

          "Mr. Stark, you didn't turn out that bad. And you really should visit, I know she'd understand."

       His head shot up. "I...I can't."

             "If you don't do it now-I'm sorry to say-you'll regret it later." I said softly, putting a hand on his arm.

       His head dropped to his hands. "You don't get it, kid. Aunt Peggy's the only person whose disappointment I can't handle."

"She won't be disappointed, Tony. She loves you, and I'm sure that your visit would make her day."

         He swirled the wine in his glass before chugging it and saying finally, "I'm not flying the Quinjet for seven hours. Guess I'll have to teach you how to fly."

   "I beg your pardon?" I looked at him curiously.

        "We're going to London." His jaw set determinedly. "Guess I'll just have to give you a crash course on flying a plane."

     "I don't think that 'crash course' is the best term to use in this situation."

Ⓐ Ⓐ Ⓐ