Chapter Thirty Nine

The Hybrid took them both to an Italian restaurant a couple of hours outside of Mystic Falls. It appeared to be closed, upon the first inspection, but Klaus took her by the hand and led her around the back through an alleyway and towards the staff entrance. He knocked once, and merely smirked towards Madeline when she offered him a questioning gaze.

The door was opened not a moment later, and the 20s dressed couple were ushered through the kitchens and into one of the most glitzy, magnificent dining rooms that Madeline had ever seen. There was no one else there, however, just the two of them.

"Wow," Madeline murmured looking around, "This place looks so expensive, I feel like I'd be incarcerated just by spilling gravy." Klaus chuckled, and moved a chair for the brunette to sit in. "What are these tablecloths made from? The tears of virgins?"

"Egyptian silk." A waiter replied, "And we do not serve gravy here, madam."

Klaus ordered their meals and drinks in perfect Italian, without taking his eyes off of the young woman sitting at the table opposite him.

"Colour me impressed." Madeline said, with a small smile. "Although, you have had plenty of years to learn. What did you order?"

"A little bird told me that your favourite Italian was Risotto with seafood."

"And to drink?"

"I've noticed that your choice of poison is a white wine."

She had to laugh at that, "And you? What did you get?"

He grinned, "Blue steak and whiskey."

"I don't think that's Italian."

"No, but when you've compelled the chefs, you can order what you like."

"Isn't that cheating?"

"It's called fun."

They flirted all the way through their meal, and once the kitchen staff had delivered Madeline her tiramisu dessert, the piano forte began to play.

Madeleine's ears perked up, "Is this Tchaikovsky?"

"Well, not the man himself, but his music, yes."

"If I hadn't eaten so much, I'd dance." She admitted.

They talked and flirted some more long into the evening, Madeline drank her wine and Klaus drink his whiskey (spiked with the blood from the compelled waitstaff).

The Hybrid told her about his love for art, and how he could sit there for hours in front of his easel; painting.

The older Gilbert sister opened up to him about her anorexia, and her time at the clinic - explaining to him that Damon had compelled her to go, which was why they were arguing when Klaus first met them outside of Alaric's body.

As soon as she felt that her dinner had digested enough, Madeline danced to the pianists beautifully slow melody of 'Swan Lake', as Klaus watched her. He joined her on the 'ballroom floor' after she had finished her small ballet performance, and they two of them slow danced with one another until the sky outside held a beautiful warm glow that signified the rising sun.

"I think I should like to take you home, with me." Klaus murmured, his breath tickling her ear and sending shivers up her spine. His embrace was warm, their bodies moulded together as they swayed to the rhythm of the piano forte.

Madeline turned her head slightly to the left, so that she could capture his lips with her own. The pink aura gaze that she always had when they were together, had been with her throughout the entire evening, and it was something she had grown to love.

"I will go anywhere, with you." She whispered, her hand resting on his chest.

The Hybrid chauffeur took them both to Klaus's mansion, which was just as beautiful without the ball decorations, as it was with them. Madeline had no time to stop and admire the grandeur of the place before Klaus had already whipped them both up the stairs and deposited her on his Queen-sized bed.

Their 20s clothes were lost to the carpet, and soon their bodies became a sweaty bundle of limbs one more.

His mere presence was both mentally and emotionally euphoric, but Madeline wasn't sure if the physical pleasure she was receiving was from the fact that Klaus was her Promised One, or because he had over one thousand years of experience. Whatever if was, she considered herself a very lucky girl.

It wasn't until she was lying naked in his arms, spent, she realised that - despite the murder, the threats, and the overall general evilness of the Hybrid - she felt as though she were in love with him.

The thought scared her.

"What's wrong, sweetheart?"

"Nothing." She replied quickly, "I should get home, I have a ballet class in" -she checked the time on her phone (ignoring the many missed calls from Elena)- "two hours."

"Stay." He said, "I'll drop you off."

"It's a class of six year olds, do you think it appropriate if I turn up in last nights clothes?" She pulled on her underwear and her 20s dress before making her way towards Klaus's bedroom door. "Thank you for dinner and the sex, bye!"

As soon as Madeline made it back home, she hurled herself into her shower before drying herself off and readying herself in her grey leggings and long sleeved pale pink smock top. She threw her hair into a french braid, before grabbing her house keys and leaving the apartment. She rushed along to the town hall, her thoughts so deeply caught up in the fact that she had just admitted to herself that she was in love with the psycho that had killed her Aunt and almost her Sister, that she didn't see the car coming as she ran across the road.

"Maddie, look out!"

The squeal of tyres alerted her too late, and she felt her body being thrown across the tarmac a split second later. She groaned and pushed herself onto her hands and knees, to find that Jeremy was face down in the middle of the road; his face cut up and bruised while his arm was twisted in the most unnatural angle.

Madeline felt her heart stop beating.

"Jem?" She crawled over to her little brother, "Jeremy! Jem!" Her hands were shaking, and she didn't know if she should touch him or not. "Someone call for help!" She yelled, looking up wide eyed at the couple in the car.

She felt a hand on her shoulder then, and looked up to see Damon.

"I need to kill him." The older Salvatore murmured, "Otherwise that ring might not bring him back."

Madeline nodded, and yelled at the couple standing on the path to get inside the Grill to get help. Once the onlookers had turned their backs, Damon crouched down beside an unconscious Jeremy and subtlety snapped his neck.

Madeline grabbed onto Damon's hand and squeezed tightly, "He's going to be okay, right? Please, tell me he's going to be okay!"

Sirens where blaring, and an ambulance pulled up a few seconds later. Two paramedics rushed out, and began examining the youngest Gilbert sibling, while Damon and Madeline moved out of their way.

The older Salvatore went to go and inform the parents of the little ballet class that the lesson that morning was cancelled, as Madeline demanded to ride in the ambulance with her little brother.

Don't forget to vote and comment!

Actual sexy time smut between Klaus and Madeline will be written in a later chapter.