Chapter Sixty Six

As the two drove into Mystic Falls, both Klaus and Elijah were whipped back in their seats.

"Bonnie's magic is strong." Elijah commented, "Stronger than it was before."

"The little witch has been doing her research." Klaus commented, with respect in his tone.

"Does that mean the supernatural barrier is up?" Madeline asked. "No one can leave until she's taken it down?"

Klaus put the car into reverse, but only the back half of the car - with Madeline inside - could go over the invisible line. "Yes." The Hybrid replied, "Which means, my love, that you are not a supernatural being."

The brunette couldn't decide if she was relieved or upset to learn that. At least she knew that if she were to die, the Gilbert ring would bring her back!

They pulled up outside the Salvatore Boarding House, where Bonnie immediately set to work at performing a location spell - using both Madeline and Klaus's blood.

"He has the white oak stake." Elijah reminded Klaus, "And we do not know why he does or who he is working for."

"I don't care." Klaus stated, "He has my son."

Elijah gave Madeline some of his blood to heal the wound on her hand, before he set off with Klaus and Damon towards the Lockwood mansion - where Henry had been located. Of course, Madeline had been told to stay put - but she wouldn't. Both Elena, Jeremy and Alaric got in the history teachers car, and began the journey to the Lockwood estate themselves - overtaking Damon's Camaro on the road.

Madeline ignored Klaus' phone call; he was only going to shout at her, after all!

The cars pulled up side by side, and everyone got out. Klaus immediately vamped towards Madeline, but she held her hand up.

"He's my son too!" She snapped at him, "It's my fault that he's been taken, I need to do this and you can't stop me."

"I can do what I like." Came the response as he snatched Alaric's keys off of the history teacher, and shoved Madeline inside the boot of the vehicle.

"Klaus!" She screamed, as the lid was snapped shut on top of her.

"Right, now that that is sorted," She heard him say, "Let's go and get my son. I'm just going to phone Tyler and ask him what he thinks he is playing at. Excuse me for a moment."

As she heard Klaus wander off and speak with Tyler (she couldn't exactly make out what he was saying), Elijah and the others made up a plan of infiltration into the Lockwood mansion.

"It sounds to me as if Henry is being used as bait, to lure Klaus." Elijah stated, "The white oak stake being taken only confirms this."

Klaus returned to the group, and Madeline knew they were suddenly on the move when their voices grew quieter and quieter, until she couldn't hear them at all.

The brunette was furious, and she looked around at the various weapons that Alaric had left behind after he and Jeremy had decided on what they were going to use.

She grabbed a wooden stake, and popped the history teacher taillight, so that she could see where the emergency release cord was. But that was when Stefan opened the boot for her.

"Come quick." He said, "The location of Henry had moved."

Bonnie appeared behind Stefan, which immediately had Madeline relaxing. Damon had told her that Silas and Stefan were doppelgängers, after all.

"What about the others? Shouldn't we tell them?" Madeline asked, hopping out of the boot.

"We could," Bonnie began. "But there's a chance that Henry will have been moved before we get there."

"And they're in there with Esther." Stefan said, "We shouldn't hang around."

The three of them hopped into Bonnie's car and took off, "Where are we going?" The human asked.

"To the cemetery." Stefan replied, "I think Silas had Henry at the house originally, to lure Klaus and Elijah. We all know that Esther wants to rid the world of her children."

"Why is my son at a cemetery!" Madeline exploded, "Drive faster Bon-Bon!"

Bonnie put her foot down, and they were crossing wickedly bridge and parking up on the verge in no time at all! The three made their way through the grounds, but Madeline couldn't help but feel as though something was wrong.

"Stefan can you hear anything?"

"No," He replied, "Bonnie, whereabouts here did the locator spell send us?"

The two turned around, only to find themselves faced with another Stefan, and no Bonnie. The Salvatore immediately put himself in front of Madeline, "Where is Bonnie!"

"Wow, took you long enough." Silas smirked, "I've been pretending to be Bonnie for at least two days, now." He looked at his watch, "We're right on schedule."

"Schedule for what?" Madeline demanded, "Where is my son?"

"At the Lockwood estate. Probably watching his father and uncle die by Esther's hand." Silas replied, nonchalantly. "And if not, well," He nodded to someone behind them. "That's why we have you here, Madeline. For plan B."

"You must be the poor human, cursed until you die, to love the abomination."

The older Gilbert sibling span around, to come face to face with a man that she had had only ever seen with a silver dagger in his back. "You must be Mikael." She swallowed nervously, as she look at Papa Original. "I thought you were dead."

"Esther brought me back, along with Silas." He replied, "To finally rid ourselves of the monsters she created all those years ago. It is time to cleanse this world."

"Stefan, go."

"I'm not leaving you-"

"-You need to go and help the others with Esther. Don't worry about me, please, just go and help them save my son."

But Mikael would not let Stefan leave. Silas was no match for vampire speed, so the immortal was tasked with keeping Madeline in situ.

"I cannot have you going around, blabbering your big mouth." Before Stefan could move another inch, Papa Original had snapped his neck, and Madeline screamed as Stefan lay motionless on the ground. "It could've been easier, but I could smell the vervain on him."

"Why do you need him here?"

"An incentive for you to stay." Mikael stayed, "It would break your sisters heart, wouldn't it? If something were to happen to him."

"Just tell me, please, that my son is okay?"

"He's fine." Mikael replied, "Esther has been taking good care of him. Now, Silas, why don't you go and have a look at the Lockwood estate? See how things are getting on?"