Chapter Forty Six

Madeline spent the day with Klaus, whilst Hayley managed to help unsire the rest of his Hybrids...until the Original Hybrid himself received an anonymous phone call and shot off without a word to the hungover Gilbert sister.

"Okay, well, that's rude." They had been in the middle of a conversation after all (if making out could even be considered as conversation).

Madeline made herself a small lunch as she waited for Klaus to return - if he was going to return. She called Hayley, to let her know that Klaus had left her apartment, and to be careful...but that was when her blood ran cold.

"Klaus found me." Hayley said, in response to Madeline's belated warning. "He knows I'm unsiring the Hybrids."

Madeline's heart clenched, "Are you safe?"

"I am, yes, but in exchange to get me to stop what I'm doing - he told me where I could find my birth parents. He looked at my birthmark and said that he'd seen it before."

"Where did he say that he'd seen it?"

"In the bayou outside New Orleans."

Madeline didn't want her friend to go, but she knew that she couldn't tell her friend to stay. Hayley had been looking for her real parents for years. "There's only one way you're going to know, Hayley."

It was silent between the two girls for a moment, before the sound of her wolf best friend sniffling caused Madeline's heart to clench. "I don't want to go on my own." Came the whisper, "I know it's a lot to ask, but...would you come with me? I'm going to stay here for another few days, anyway...so, would you think about it, please?"

Madeline said that she couldn't leave her family behind. Not while Elena was in trouble. It turned out, that Jeremy (having been able to see the tattoos on Connor's body) was the next 'Five'. Klaus, along with the Salvatore's helped him complete the map, which took them to New Orleans, where Klaus had found out that things there were not as he had left them all those years ago.

"I'm leaving Mystic Falls." Klaus informed Madeline that evening, "And I want you to come with me."

"When are you leaving?"

"Tomorrow." He replied, resting his forehead against hers as they both breathed into one another. "My family and I are going home. I want you to come and join us in my Kingdom."

"I can't." She whispered, "I can't leave my family."

"I understand." He nodded once, "But I don't care. I want you." He pressed his mouth against hers softly. "A King needs his Queen by his side."

She ran her arms up his chest before wrapping them around his neck, "I can't." She repeated, "But maybe...once all of this has blown over, I will."

They spent their last few hours in the bedroom for the remainder of the evening. Madeline's room was filled with the sounds of pleasured moans and the creaking of her bed frame, whilst it smelled of sweat and sex.

The brunette panted and writhed beneath the dirty blonde, as he caressed every inch of her exposed neck with his warm tongue and lips as their bodies knotted together. Madeline's fingertips raked down his back, as Klaus pressed himself deep within her core. It was their second time making love since he had told her that he was leaving, and the more time they spent in bed the less time they wanted to spend out of it.

Madeline ran her hands up Klaus's chest and over his shoulders, before tangling her fingers in the damp hair at the nape of his neck as she gasped a kiss into his open mouth. Lifting her hips slightly to welcome his movements, Klaus was able to grasp at her hip to lift her leg over his thigh, which was precisely when Madeline felt him hit a certain sweet spot; which he knew all too well.