Chapter Seventy Nine

As Klaus led Madeline, hand in hand, through the streets of the French Quarter, the brunette couldn't help but wonder where they were going.

"If you've had me dress up just to go to Rousseau's, I don't think I'm going to be very happy."

"Your sense of direction is appalling, my love. Rousseau's is the other way out from the compound." Klaus said, "And no, sweetheart, I wouldn't have you dress up for a pub."

"Ooh, so we're not going to a 'pub'." She said, "Does that include going to a restaurant?"

"We're not going for food."

"Can you at least give me a hint? Please?"

"Always one to try and ruin a surprise."

They walked a little further, until Madeline found herself standing in front of a sleek, black limousine. Finally bored of not getting any answers to her questions, Madeline silently climbed into the vehicle as Klaus opened the door for her.

Madeline kept her eyes out of the window for the entire drive; trying to get any clue as to where they were going. But, she had no idea.

Soon enough, the limousine took them down a dirt track, and along a beautiful lane with rows of trees and wildflowers. Madeline squinted a little, and she could see that they were coming up to a beautiful Manor House, surrounded by lush green gardens. It was even more extravagant than the Lockwood Estate in Mystic Falls.

"Where on earth, are we?" She questioned in both awe and confusion. "I don't think I've ever seen somewhere look so...gorgeous." She turned to glare at him, "You've done nothing but make me sound, like Ethel."

Klaus vamped around to her side of the limousine and opened her door for her, after compelling the driver to 'stay put'. There were birds singing in the trees, and the entire manor looked so tranquil with its vast lawn and stunning water features.

Klaus placed his hand on her waist, as he escorted her along the grand hedges that led up to the manor's main entrance.

As Klaus stepped inside - uninvited - over the threshold, Madeline was certainly even more confused than she was before

"Okay, now you have to tell me what's going on."

"All in good time, my love." He promised her, with a grin.

He showed her around the stunning house, and out into the back garden, where there were hundreds of wildflowers growing gloriously throughout the boarders. They walked, hand in hand, through a line of arches where roses had entangled themselves, like a beautiful pale pink canopy. It was very romantic.

The rose path took them around the gardens, and Madeline believed the secrecy of finding something new around every corner, was both enchanting and exciting! She would have to come back here when Henry was older; if he was anything like his father, he would most definitely get into mischief.