Chapter Sixty Four

Klaus was hiding something from her, she knew. Not once had he mentioned the fact that Henry's kidnapper had been able to look exactly like him, and anytime Madeline had asked him about it - he was very dismissive, and told her that he was busy.

So, Madeline had taken matters into her own hands. That very afternoon that Henry had been snatched, and while Klaus was in his meeting with Marcel, Rebekah, Davina and an awake (but incredibly pissed off) Elijah, Madeline had left the compound to search on her own.

She returned to the house that she had just been to with Klaus and Elijah, and after taking a deep breath to calm herself down before she could get nervous - and alert Klaus as to her whereabouts - she entered the building.

The wallpaper was peeling from the walls, the floorboards were splintered, and there was the unmistakable sound of scurrying rats.

Madeline made sure to keep her breathing steady. If she could manipulate the bond that she had with Klaus, then she could continue her search alone. As much as she loved the Hybrid and knew that he would do anything to get their son back, she agreed with Elijah with the fact that Klaus' temper had the potential to put their son in more danger.

As Madeline ascended the creaking staircase, she took a look around and her heart clenched in her chest when she saw Henry's pacifier on the ground.

But as soon as she took a step towards it, the floorboards underneath her started to giveway. The brunette moved back to the staircase, to a more secure floorboard, as she looked around the room for a safer solution.

The child snatcher must have set another trap.

Madeline weighed up her options here. Being hit by that stake had been excruciatingly painful...but she had lived. It wasn't so bad. But she didn't know what damage she would do to herself if she fell through the floorboards; she wouldn't just go through the second floor - she would more than likely go straight through the boards on the ground floor...and she didn't know if this house had a basement - she would potentially break her neck! Even if she could be bought back to life by the Gilbert ring, she wasn't a supernatural - and the ring would only bring her back if she was killed by a supernatural. And even if she was a supernatural and did kill herself - the ring wouldn't work on her.

But the pacifier...Davina could do a locator spell on her son!

With her mind made up, Madeline inched her way around the room before picking up Henry's dummy. She held it longingly in her hands, and shed a few tears before she started making her way back to the staircase. But froze when she suddenly found herself not alone.

They didn't speak, they didn't move. They just stared at her with the darkest eyes she had ever seen in her life. The haunting orbs watched her every movement, as Madeline made her way around the edge of the room - to the furthest point away from the pale skinned creep.

They moved one step forwards, and Madeline immediately grasped hold of one of the daggers she had with her. "Stay back!"

But they didn't stop, they carried on moving until they were within reaching distance. Although she did not want to hurt anyone, she was so scared that she struck forwards - only for them to move with the speed that only a vampire could.

They snapped her wrist with a sickening crack, and grabbed her by her hair as they lifted her from the ground. As her attacker carried her across the floorboards (calculatingly missing out a select few), Madeline managed to grab the second of her thee daggers and strike the vampire across the face.

He helped in both pain and anger, but lost his grip on her hair which sent the brunette tumbling down the staircase.

Madeline screamed as she went, and as she hit the bottom stair, she felt bruised all over - but at least she didn't think she had broken anything. She pushed herself to her feet, and was about to run for the door...when Damon's words of warning reached her.

"Vampires love it, when their victims run."

So, Madeline stopped herself and prised up a loose and splintered floorboard to use as a weapon; she knew her little daggers were no use here. Then, Alaric's words reached her.

"Aim for the heart, and stick 'em with the pointy end."

But she was terrified! The vampire stormed down the stairs towards her, rage overtaking his features as veins appeared under his eyes and his fangs elongated in his mouth.

"Where is my son!" She demanded from him, backing away when he stormed closer towards her shaking form. "Tell me, where he is!"

As he grew alarmingly too close for comfort, Madeline jabbed at him with her piece of floorboard and stuck him in the stomach with it - causing him to cry out in pain.

The first thing she felt, was the need to apologise, but she quickly pushed the urge down and delivered a kick to his chest which sent him sprawling into his back. Her lessons with Alaric really had paid off!

"Where is my son!" She yelled, breaking off another piece of wood and piercing it through his hand, as he reached for the stake in his stomach.

Torture was obviously not her forte, as the vampire continued to remain silent. But she knew exactly who to phone; he seemed to excel at doing this sort of thing.

"If you don't answer me, I'll have no choice but to call my boyfriend." She drew her phone out of her pocket, for effect, "You've heard of Klaus Mikaelson, right?"

When the vampire made a bid to reach up with his other hand to grab one of the stakes, Madeline used her dagger to hold his other hand down so that she could break off another splinter of wood.

"Okay then, you've given me no other choice."

Klaus picked up on the first ring. "You better have a good explanation, as to why I'm following a pull through the bayou."

"I have a present for you, to come and torture." She heard him stop walking on his end of the line, "Klaus?"

"Sorry, my love, I think I might have misheard you. Did you say 'torture'?"

"Oh, I thought torture and interrogate were kind of the same thing, for you?"

"And that, sweetheart, is why I love you."