Chapter Seventy Five

As they lay knotted together, sweaty and satisfied, Madeline rolled onto her side to play with the leather cords of Klaus's necklaces. Something she had always done after they had had sex.

"Once your Aunt is, you know...dead," She began, "I'd like to have another baby, with you."

Klaus was silent, and she knew she had been a little premature with her request. She felt a little awkward, and stopped playing with his necklaces as she sat up. She wasn't expecting him to say a definite 'yes' or 'no', but she wanted him to at least say: 'I'll think about it' or, you know, come up with something along the lines of: 'is that an excuse to get me into bed more often?'.

But he just lay there in silence, almost as though he were pretending that he hadn't heard her utter a single word.

"So," She held the sheets to her bare chest. "What's next on the agenda?"

"We're going to inject Freya with some of Henry's blood, so that we can lure Dahlia to us." He said, "You and I will be with her, so that Dahlia will believe it is us and our son. Henry will, of course, be kept safe with Davina. My siblings, and Marcel will be on hand, should the need arise."

"So where are we going to lure her?"

"Out in the bayou, in that abandoned house." Klaus said, "I've spoken to Jackson and the Pack, they have agreed to help out if Dahlia crosses through their territory. They know that Hayley would've done anything, to protect Henry."

Madeline looked down at the sheets between them, at the reminder of the best friend that she had lost so cruelly. She felt Klaus' hand rest on her bare back, trailing soothing circles up the length of her spine.

"We will defeat her, my love."

"I know." She replied with a small smile.

So, Klaus drove Madeline and Freya out into the deepest parts of the bayou, and parked up outside the abandoned house that Henry had been taken to when he was abducted.

"Why here?" Freya asked as the three of them climbed out of the Land Rover.

"It's as good a place as any." The Hybrid responded, vamping around the back of the place to do a quick perimeter check, and making sure that there were no more traps that Silas had set up for them.

They made their way inside, Klaus opening the door for the ladies to enter first.

Freya set her bag down on the creaking floorboards, and began setting up the things she needed to perform her spell as Madeline and Klaus stood off to the side.

Klaus was twirling a vial of Henry's blood in his hands.

The baby had screamed in Madeline's arms when it was drawn from him, and the mother had cried alongside him as his father extracted it. The Hybrid had placed a small kiss to the little pin prick once he was done, and Henry had turned to bury his face into his sobbing mothers chest.

"So, Freya," Klaus began, "If this is the part where I find out that you've betrayed me, I will be removing your head from your shoulders, without any remorse."

"I want her dead just as much as you, Klaus." The ash blonde replied, holding out her hand for the vial of Henry's blood. Once she had it in her possession, she injected herself with it and allowed herself a few moments of composure before she began her spell.

Madeline watched, worried, as Freya channeled her powers through Klaus. The wind picked up, and Madeline held her hair to the sides of her head to stop it from flying into her eyes. Then, just as quickly as it had picked up, the wind dropped.

"Done." Freya said, as she let go of Klaus' hands. "It's just a matter of time, now."

Klaus nodded, and made a call to Elijah. To tell them that the spell had been cast. While they waited, the Hybrid dipped the tip of one of his 'sibling daggers' in the urn that held his mothers ashes. That morning, before they had driven to the house, Freya had told everyone that to kill Dahlia, they would need either the blood - or some remains - of their mother.

Madeline could feel herself shaking slightly, and she wasn't sure if it was through being cold or if she was fearful of what was going to happen. Either way, it drew Klaus to her side and just his warm presence was enough to instantly soothe her.

Madeline slowly reached her hand towards his, and moved her palm underneath his to slowly twine their fingers together. Her heart was beating furiously in her chest when he gave her a reassuring squeeze.

"I love you." She murmured, watching him as he watched Freya's movements.

Klaus turned and pressed his lips to her cheek, "And I love you." He promised her. She could feel his fingers turning the Gilbert ring she had on her thumb, and the action caused her to become a little worried. If he was making sure that she was wearing it, did he think that it was necessary?

She looked down at their joined hands, and she watched him playing with her ring. "You think I'll need it." She realised.

"I hope it won't come to that, my love." He replied honesty, "But you know I am always one to ensure that things will go the way that I want them too. And you staying alive is my main priority, here."

"I can feel her presence." Freya stated then, standing up straight, "She's here."

Klaus gripped the dagger in his hand, and leant around Madeline to peer through the window.

The brunette could see a tall, slender, dark haired woman with similar features to Esther, making her way up the path and onto the porch. And then she did what Madeline was least expecting...she knocked.

As Madeline exchanged a worried look with Freya, Klaus moved towards the door - only for his older sister to hold him back.

"Not yet." She murmured to him, "She'll be expecting an attack if you open that door."

"Well, I'll be more than happy to deliver."

Madeline felt her heart sink when Freya gave her a pointed look, "Go ahead, Madeline."

The brunette looked towards Klaus for reassurance, and when he nodded his head towards her, only then did she move towards the door. She could hear her heart beating in her ears, but the closer she got to the door, the more her fear turned into pure anger.

This witch wanted to take her son.