Part 6.

I was used to waking up because I was cold or because I heard Amelia crying for me. I almost never woke up because I was too hot. It was stifling in here. I peeled my eyes open. The ceiling was a light grey. This was not my room. I shifted. My bare leg slid across another bare leg. My head snapped to the left. I recognized the dark hair and hairless back. Alex. My heart skipped around in my chest. I couldn't remember climbing into bed with Alex. I shifted back slightly away from him. My back bumped into another body. I twisted to the right. Quinn raised an eye brow at me. I gulped. What had I done?

"Don't look at me like that. You asked for cuddles and then you cried when we tried to sleep on the couch." Quinn said.

My brow creased. Why couldn't I remember that?

"Mmhm. Something about being a problem to everyone... Which you are not..." Alex yawned and shifted to his back. "This is the first time you've asked for anything that didn't involve Amelia or work."

'I'm sorry.' I signed.

"The only thing you should be sorry about is kissing Alex instead of me." Quinn growled. His arm circled around me and he gave me a quick kiss on the top of my head. Quinn rolled out of bed and stretched. I had seen him without a shirt a handful of times but I had always been careful not to really look. His slow stretch made that impossible. I watched the muscles on his arms and abs flex as he moved. My eyebrows pulled together again. How had I never noticed that he was shredded? How did I win in our sparing matches? He had to be letting me win.

"Right? The last month or so he's filled out to the point he barely fits in his clothes..." Alex groaned.

"I'd apologize but you know you love it." Quinn said without glancing back. I shifted grabbing the pillow he had just abandoned and chucked it at his back. It caught him between the shoulders with a plop. Quinn spun around to look at me in mock anger. Alex snickered.

'Have you been letting me win?' I asked.

"I don't uhh..." Quinn rubbed the back of his neck as he tried to pretend he didn't know what I had just asked. I reached back grabbing my pillow and chucking it at him as well. I couldn't believe he would do that to me. Quinn caught the pillow and pointed a finger at me.

"Stop it." He said. "You know damn well your techniques are more effective than brute strength."

I shook my head. In some ways that was true but Quinn wasn't a total brute. He was an intelligent one.

'And I know damn well you use techniques too.' I signed. Alex handed me his pillow and I chucked that too.

"Hey!" Quinn caught that one as well. "Rylan Alisa Avi you stop this right now." Quinn demanded. Alex handed me the last pillow.

"Don't." Quinn warned.

"Do it." Alex whispered. "Get him Ry."

I chucked it as hard as I could at his face. He caught it easily and pounced. I tried to scramble out of the bed but Quinn was faster than me. I couldn't move fast enough with the blankets twisted around my legs and feet. Within seconds Quinn had me pinned under him.

"And first shower is mine..." Alex laughed. Quinn reached for him as well but Alex managed to evade him. That little traitor. I couldn't even sign angrily in his direction. Quinn had both my hands pinned.

"Alright you little shit." Quinn said focusing on me. "Maybe there were a few times I might have been able to break a hold or take you down but it would have really hurt you and that's not what we are doing when we spar. You hold back from hurting me ALL THE TIME because we are just playing around. So don't go starting fights in my bed unless you want to be spanked and kissed senseless. Do I make myself clear?"