Part 12

I took a quick shower and intended to head to bed early just as I had told Quinn. I knew that wasn't going to happen when I opened the bathroom door to find Drake leaning on the wall. I'd seen the glint in his eyes a handful of times so I knew what it was. Resolve. Whatever he was going to do he did not agree with but he was going to do it anyway. I tried to shut the door but he was faster than me. He caught the door and pushed his way inside before I could try to stop him. My human strength was nothing to his now.

"I just heard an interesting conversation..." He said closing and locking the bathroom door behind him.

"Apparently, one of your pack officials is under the impression that someone is hurting you."

I gulped and shook my head. He would want to know what I had told them but I hadn't told them anything, not really. They didn't know anything about him and they wouldn't.

"Interestingly enough they have no idea who it could be which means you didn't betray me." Drake said watching me carefully. "Unfortunately, that's not quite enough. They'll start watching you and pressing you for information. We can't have that."

Drake pulled a bottle from his pocket and held it up for me to see. Fluoxetine. It was the prescription Matthew had given me. The one I had stopped taking a few days ago.

"I think you know where I'm going with this." He twisted the cap off and set the bottle on the counter closer to me.

I shook my head. Part of me knew what he was saying but my brain refused to fully connect the dots. He walked forward and I stumbled back in an attempt to keep distance between us. It was a foolish attempt. There was no where I could go in this tiny bathroom to escape him. He stopped with only an inch between us. He reached over and turned the shower back on.

"We can do this one of two ways Allie. You take the pills without a fight and I'll let your little pet live or we fight and after I win, which we both know I will, I'll visit Amelia next." Drake said.

He picked the open bottle up from the edge of the counter and handed it to me. I looked from the pills to Drake. There was no way to know if he was serious about hurting Amelia. It could have been an empty threat but I couldn't risk it. I raised the bottle to my mouth and felt several of the tiny pills slide into my mouth. Drake reached over and forced my hand up quickly. The contents of the bottle spilled into my mouth and down my front onto the floor. The taste of the chalky substance dissolving in my mouth made me gag. Drake grabbed a handful of my hair and forced my head back. He held the shower head over my head. I couldn't breathe. I choked on the pills and the water. He released me. I coughed and gasped for air. The awful lingering taste of the pills made me gag again. Drake watched me, waiting. I gaged again.

"Don't do it Angel..." He said. His hand rested on a pair of scissors someone had left on the counter. I clamped my hand over my mouth. I didn't want to think about how many different ways he could kill me those.

Everything slowed once the medication began to kick in. My vision blurred and my legs didn't want to hold me up any more. I sank down. I blinked and I was laying on the floor. I watched as Drakes feet disappeared and the door closed behind him. I forced myself back up to my hands and knees. I tried to reach the door handle but it was so far away. I blinked again. The world tilted and spun until I was staring up at the roof of the bathroom. I stared at the light on the ceiling. It was so bright but the longer I stared the darker it got and then there was nothing...