Part 38.

I didn't try to move as I regained consciousness. It wasn't the first time since the incident that I'd woken up like this. After the first few times I'd realized moving around only made the heavy rock around my neck pull harder at my strength. Staying still didn't seem to make it draw in nearly as much which meant I could stay awake longer. Not that it mattered how long I was awake or asleep. I was sure the council had decided to kill me. Alexander had been right. Not that it mattered.

Now all I could do was stare at the dingy grey bars of the cell. The familiarity of it wasn't lost on my aching mind. It was the same cell I had visited my very first day in Willow pack. It seemed fitting for it to be my last as well.

I closed my eyes and focused on Silas the way I had during my last few awakenings. For some reason no matter how hard I tried to find our link I couldn't. It was like all of my connections had been cut off. Probably due to the stupid ball and chain Henry had put on me.

"If you're trying to reach Brogan don't bother." Drakes amused tone didn't rile me up enough to bother opening my eyes again. I wouldn't give him the satisfaction of an acknowledgement.

"Devlin's witch is already blocking your connection. He'll be dead soon if he's not already and thanks to her crafting skills you will be as well."

I assumed he meant the necklace. That somehow she had crafted it to kill me. To be totally honest I was surprised that I wasn't dead already. The rebound from what I had tried to do to Drake was more than enough to have killed so how or why it hadn't I couldn't say.

I felt Drake move into the room. He crouched down near me but I kept my eyes closed until he grabbed my arm. I blinked trying to focus on the syringe in his hand. It looked familiar. I blinked again. Just as my vision cleared enough to realize the greenish clear liquid going into my arm was wolfsbane.

Some how I managed to coax out enough strength to react. I kicked his feet out from under him. He fell and the syringe ripped out of my arm along with him but it was too late. I could feel the searing pain already flowing up wards. The liquid was in.

Drake rolled back to his feet, grabbed the syringe from where I'd thrown it and stepped toward me again. He stopped short. His eyes widening in surprise and causing a sense of deja vu as he turned to look at something over his shoulder. He dropped a second later and Aaron appeared stepping around him. The air thickened with the stench of blood and I felt a heavy sense of relief as I watched it begin to pool around Drake's body.

Aaron didn't let my moment of relief last very long. He ripped the necklace off me tossing it aside like it was nothing. He went to my hands next, easily releasing them from the bind. He didn't release his grip on my arm. Instead he raised it to his mouth, his canines extended, and then ripped into it over the same spot where Drake had injected me.

I bit down hard on my cheek causing the taste of blood to fill my mouth just as the rest rushed out of my arm. I understood what he was doing and I was grateful for the help but it didn't stop the tears from burning in my eyes. Aaron pulled back and spit out a mixture of poison, saliva, and blood. He didn't take his eyes off of the steady stream flowing out of my arm for what felt like an eternity and when he finally did I almost wish he hadn't.

His eyes met mine I immediately knew what was next and I knew it would be even more painful than the poison and the bite. Still I jerked my head in a nod. It had to be done.

Aaron grabbed the rope that had been used to bind my hands. He made short work of adding a knot of his own. He slipped it onto my arm and with one quick jerk he pulled it tight.

My eyes burned again but the stream of blood pouring out from his bite slowed to almost nothing. My entire arm ached and shook with the loss of the flow.