Part 10

I went straight to practice as Drake had told me to do. I was supposed to act like nothing was wrong but I could barely walk without feeling the pain radiating from everywhere he had kicked me. I stopped taking my anti-depressant. I hoped that if I could clear my head I would be able to think of a solution and at the very least I would be able to mind link for help if things got out of hand. The biggest down side was that I felt like crap and I still wouldn't be able to use magic for a few days.

"Are you ok?" Alex asked as I joined him on the field.

I nodded. I just had to get through the next couple day's in one piece and I would be able to find a solution.

"uhh oh..." Alex said.

I turned to see what he was looking at just in time to see Quinn rush at me. I dropped down and covered my head. My body hurt so bad even the thought of sparing with Quinn made me want to cry. Quinn froze. He and Alex exchanged a concerned glance. I hidden my face in my arms. I considered counting but this didn't feel like a panic attack. I'd just had a brief moment of fear and been foolish with my reaction to it.

I felt one of them move to stand in front of me and crouch down so that they were closer to my level.

'I'm sorry. I just need a minute.' I signed quickly without looking up. I didn't want him to feel like he had done something to deserve this reaction and I didn't want to have to answer a billion questions about what was going on.

A warm hand rested on my arm. Even through the sleeve of my long shirt I could feel the tingles dancing their way up my arm. I sucked in a sharp breath and raised my eyes to meet Silas's.

"Are you ok?" He asked.

I nodded and moved my arm out of his grasp.

"What are you doing out here?" He asked.

'Training.' I signed.

Silas shook his head.

"Emily said you were not feeling well. We came to fill in for you." He said.

'Yesterday.' I signed shaking my head as well.

Silas eyes flickered over my face and then the rest of my body. I didn't know what he was looking for but I held my breath. I didn't want him to find something that might give me away. He sighed and stood up. He held his hands down toward me. I accepted his help in standing up. It put less stress on my sore body.

"You're pale." Silas said.

I shrugged.

"She seems fine to me." Drake said from somewhere behind Silas. My eyes flickered to Silas shoulder but I couldn't see past him and I didn't have the energy or desire to lean around enough to see Drake

'You should go.' I signed.

Silas didn't move. I could tell by his lingering gaze and small scowl that he knew something was wrong. I wished I didn't have to keep it from him but it was for his own good. The thought losing him was far worse than anything Drake could do to me.

"Ok..." Silas said finally. "But I'm leaving Quinn and Alex to help you with training today. If you need to take a break or call it a day, have them take over."

I nodded. Usually I would be excited about having both Quinn and Alex to help with training. Today they were going to be more trouble than help. After what I'd just done they were going to watch me like a toddler near the lake. If I so much as flinched too hard I'd be sent to Matthew and Drake had specifically told me not to go see Matthew for anything.

'Alright girls,' I signed, and Alex repeated for me. 'start warming up. Stretch and do a lap.'

The girls went silent and began stretching. After a few moments they took off. I kept my eyes on them as well as the trees. It had become a habit to watch for any sort of threat.