Part 23

"Will you stop pacing. You're putting my wolf on edge." Quinn grumbled in frustration.

I paused long enough to give him a withering glare before returning to walking back and forth in the kitchen. I scolded myself mentally for directing my anger at Quinn. It wasn't his fault I was being forced to stay in the pack house while everyone else proceeded to negotiations. In fact it was my fault he wasn't there right now with them.

"Ry..." Quinn groaned. This time he stood up from his stool and caught my arm before I could pace back across the room.

"Seriously. They are going to be fine. Worst case scenario is it is an ambush and they are already prepared for that." Quinn said.

~You don't understand.~ I sighed and shook his hand off so that I could start walking again.

"Yes I do. My mates there too." He laughed.

He was right. Alex was there as well as Adam. Aaron was back with Emily in a different location just in case of some sort of sneak attack but for the most part everyone else was at the negotiations. I was so caught up in thinking about the negotiations with Wolfsbane that I almost completely missed Quinn calling Silas my mate. My head snapped up and I narrowed my eyes at him. I hadn't had a chance to talk to him about this new discovery which meant he must have known before me.

~How long have you known?~ I demanded.

Quinn cleared his throat. He reached up rubbing the back of his neck and pretending not to know what I was talking about.

"Known what?" He asked.

~Quinn.~ I growled through the link. His eyes flickered over my face carefully before his lips cracked into a smirk and he shook his head.

"I had uh... suspicions the night of his birthday gathering but confirmation wasn't until that last surgery." Quinn shrugged.

~The heat?~ I asked.

Quinn nodded slowly.

"Yeah... I mean that's confirmation enough on its own but from what Alex said Silas and Aaron came out of the office when Matthew took you in to the OR to stop the bleeding and Silas lost his shit... Like... that new furniture in there was not a décor decision babe." Quinn said.

I rolled my eyes and shook my head. There was no way that had actually happened. Silas wasn't the type of person to just up and destroy things when he was upset. He was too calm and collected for something like that. It was almost annoying how relaxed he was all the time.

~That doesn't sound like Silas at all.~ I said.

"Uh... sure...." Quinn laughed.

~...Quinn...~ I rolled my eyes again and decided to distract myself with the dishes instead continuing to pace. There were only a couple in the sink.

"Look babe, all I'm saying is what you can do with your brain..." Quinn came around to lean against the counter next to the sink. He reached up and poked me in the forehead. "Doesn't scare Silas for a reason."

~Maybe because I would never hurt him...~ I supplied.

This time it was Quinn's turn to roll his eyes.

"Alright. Maybe that wasn't the best example but just you wait. You'll see Silas lose his shit one of these days and then you'll understand why everyone thinks you're the power couple of the century." Quinn laughed.

~If you're going to hover you can at least dry.~ I rolled my eyes again and threw a clean dish towel at him.

Quinn caught the towel with another laugh.